• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Renderings coming Tuesday!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Tailgating on campus is going to be a blast.  Lot of places for people to call their spots.  I can see people in the Sun Dome parking lot and others down religious row.  Maybe even people over in the old Beta Hall parking lot area.  To me this is huge and will change the face of USF nationally and within Florida.  Easy for us to get on TV and show our brand and can you imagine College Game Day on a nice cool weekend in October. 

Go Bulls

I was having banter with a commenter on Facebook about the parking situation and not having "more parking lots".  I assume this person has never been to other schools on game weekends.  You park and tailgate all over campus.  Yes, of course the closer parking lots will be donor based, but FAU, UCF, and FSU all have free parking lots too....and not just in the garages.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry but 3 conceptual renderings and a confirmation of a 1 year delay…that’s where we are after 10 million and 2 years?…glad they hyped this meeting up…perhaps USF should try underselling and over delivering at some point..tends to go over better

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

After reading this thread . . .

season 4 episode 13 GIF by Star Wars

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

30 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Tailgating on campus is going to be a blast.  Lot of places for people to call their spots.  I can see people in the Sun Dome parking lot and others down religious row.  Maybe even people over in the old Beta Hall parking lot area.  To me this is huge and will change the face of USF nationally and within Florida.  Easy for us to get on TV and show our brand and can you imagine College Game Day on a nice cool weekend in October. 

Go Bulls

No, I can't imagine that. Mostly because there's no longer any such thing as a cool weekend in October.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

It's literally a wall of students there to maximize noise 

Think Seattle Seahawks 

This thread confirms the feasibility survey.  Bunch of divas.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  411
  • Days Won:  2

26 minutes ago, bull2saintleo said:

I was having banter with a commenter on Facebook about the parking situation and not having "more parking lots".  I assume this person has never been to other schools on game weekends.  You park and tailgate all over campus.  Yes, of course the closer parking lots will be donor based, but FAU, UCF, and FSU all have free parking lots too....and not just in the garages.  

I think people get confused and are used to sporting venues that are constructed in suburbs with a sea of parking lots right next to it. A stadium being built on a university campus can just reuse the lots and garages spread throughout campus. And you're right about the closer lots, that's how we do it. One right next to the stadium and the softball lot are premium. Then as you get further out it's cheaper. You even have free parking on the further end of campus if you don't mind the walk.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I think people get confused and are used to sporting venues that are constructed in suburbs with a sea of parking lots right next to it. A stadium being built on a university campus can just reuse the lots and garages spread throughout campus. And you're right about the closer lots, that's how we do it. One right next to the stadium and the softball lot are premium. Then as you get further out it's cheaper. You even have free parking on the further end of campus if you don't mind the walk.

Yep!  This is the way.  We are not acquainted with a CFB experience.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,498
  • Days Won:  0

Populous is still the design firm with lots of stadium design experience so I assume they did some preliminary pricing and what you see is what we can afford.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

The Church across the street has "free" hot dogs on your walk. Not bad to go with the beer on the walk to the stadium. 

• Upvote 1