• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Renderings coming Tuesday!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Looking at the blimp view, I'm not seeing a clear dimension of how large the away (north) stands are?  Of course the home side may seem small, but I'm sure theyre trying to distribute the seating around the field rather than have us in a RayJay situation where the home side is loaded up and the away side is sparsely filled.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

That hit me quick too.

It's literally a wall of students there to maximize noise 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

The picture was cool.  Got me really excited.  Since we are still in the initial design phase, I have to believe that the picture may not exactly resemble what will actually come out in the official renderings (once the design is done).  These things have a tendency to change until they are locked down.  I remember when the Glazers first pitched the new Tampa stadium (which eventually became Ray Jay).  The presented a scale model that looked nothing like what was actually designed and built.  The picture is probably accurate in terms of orientation, size, style, etc.  Then again, I don't know what was all said at the meeting.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

Advanced renderings in April. 

The south side seats will be shaded for noon games depending on how tall the tower is. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, michibull said:

Haha, you’re right, so UNT is our standard now? Jkjk………

except their stadium cost 78 million.  We are looking at 340 million (and maybe more if more donations roll in). 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  558

So you win the PowerBall tomorrow and plan on donating $50 million to the stadium fund. With the new 2027 date, there should be some time/room for improvements. What would you recommend to the design team based off what we have seen/heard?

Thought we were going to get a mini RayJay (or some version of the Baylor/CSU stadiums) that seats 35K for $300 million, but the renderings show an FIU/FAU structure with a layer of concrete on metal stands. 

Orientation - Was originally against anything not North/South but East/West is fine especially with the walkway going in. The upper 10 rows of the Club section will be premium as they may be in the shade even in Noon games.

Structure - Worse part of the renderings for me is the FAU/FIU/UCF/FSU structure. 300million, only 35K seats and thought for sure it would be concrete throughout. UNT did mostly concrete for a third the price. You will think you are at FAU/FIU/UCF when entering stadium and standing at concessions. I hope admin sees in two weeks as they approach FAU stadium for Boca Bowl how bad this looks and something changes. You go under the stands at FSU and it looks like a high school stadium too....they just put the same layer of concrete on the stands as I guess we are planning to do. They also put the nice facade of brick on the outside to hide the highschool look.

Southside - The rendering from the practice field looks really good. One worry here is that any type of club area on the South stands gets taken up by the TGH "lockerrooms".

Sycamore Drive - Would transplant the existing buildings to a different location. With some of the other PowerBall winnings build a mixuse parking/restaurant facility. Likely two garages, mini Yuengling Beer Garden and some other sports bar. On South Side near IPF, I would have reserve tailgate parking (all grass).

50th Street  - 4 laned with multiple turn lanes on Fletcher and Fowler to get to I-75

Stands - South, East and North stands should be continuous on lower level.....make a horseshoe and keep West disconnected for expansion (rendering does show this may be continuous on East side....so that is good.....just make it all concrete.

Tailgating - The Grove look on the North Side is kinda cool but I want to be next to my vehicle and not do an rent a tent type of thingy....give me a grass spot under the trees on Sycamore.

Entryways - Someone said only three entrances. Mainly because operation center will take up entire South Side. Do not like the look of the segmented buildings under the North Side under the erector set....need some type of continuous look.....dang it is going to look like the bounce house from below even though Weatherford said we wanted something better....it is not. 

Did we fire construction firm because of two things....delaying the project by a year and charging concrete structure prices for steel erector set design instead?

Edited by bull2bull

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

Stadium looks great. I can only imagine the sheer excitement of being in that stadium when conference rival UAB, rice, Charlotte etc come to town. The scenes. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, bull2bull said:

North Texas used concrete structure for the sideline stands and the erector set metal structure for their endzone upper student section. It looks like they continued the concrete seating in the lower sections with the two sidelines. From the rendering, it appears we are doing erector set on all four sides. So for now, our future stadium is no where close to even UNT's stadium.  UNT stadium: Construction cost: $78 million; ($106 million in 2022 dollars). Why in the world do we not have a concrete structured stadium for 3x that amount?

We get concrete cheap, we have rock Quarries to the south and our abundance of a cheap undocumented labor force.  Plus everything is simply bigger and better in Texas, you don’t mess with Texas.