• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Golesh Postgame Presser - UTSA (11.17.23)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

"Thanks for posting!"

Triple B was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 20 points.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

About as defeated as I have seen him

I think he is realizing the extent of the defensive struggles

I mean it seems we have gone backwards on defense this year if that is even possible. We are breaking records for points allowed, yards allowed

That being said we are showing some flashes of improvement here and there. There were some solid stops in each game at critical moments. But we can't put it all together. 

He has to get better at play calling but candidly maybe if the runs up the middle actually gains 2 or 3 yards vs 0, then it's a non issue. 

I think he is using words like "maturity" as like a sub word for talent. He will never be like deion and just throw players under the bus but I think if we read between the lines he is literally saying we are not there yet and subtly saying we need raw skill and talent upgrades across the board. 

I'm still with this team, I think we can take Charlotte, I hope the staff all comes back next year, and I do believe we are seeing the green shoots of better days

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I like that he does not throw his players under the bus like Deion.   He takes the blame for the team's loss.

He knows that he does not have the talent on the team right now to play other teams at this level.  These players might do better at a lower level or at lower-level conferences, but he has more class than Deion who told the existing players to get lost.   How has that worked out for Deion?   CAG has to recruit more of his guys, and we will see more success in the future.

I hate losing but after 3 seasons of CJS and only 4 wins with only 1 against an FBS team, I am a little satisfied with 5 wins in one season under CAG.   We still have the potential for 6 wins and bowl eligibility.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Biggest gripe is this fast play vs good teams doesn't work your just taking less than a minute off clock and punting. That will kill Any defense..especially a bad one.

We just need alot more talent and all over the team.  Once we get more than the other teams we will start beating up this conference.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, hm101 said:

About as defeated as I have seen him

I think he is realizing the extent of the defensive struggles

I mean it seems we have gone backwards on defense this year if that is even possible. We are breaking records for points allowed, yards allowed

That being said we are showing some flashes of improvement here and there. There were some solid stops in each game at critical moments. But we can't put it all together. 

He has to get better at play calling but candidly maybe if the runs up the middle actually gains 2 or 3 yards vs 0, then it's a non issue. 

I think he is using words like "maturity" as like a sub word for talent. He will never be like deion and just throw players under the bus but I think if we read between the lines he is literally saying we are not there yet and subtly saying we need raw skill and talent upgrades across the board. 

I'm still with this team, I think we can take Charlotte, I hope the staff all comes back next year, and I do believe we are seeing the green shoots of better days

Just think of CJS ran an offense as quickly as CAG, we probably would have seen this many points or more scored on us.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cag is better than cjs but our schedule is worse

he did a good job

we all can improve

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

The defensive secondary is a major challenge. I don’t know if you heard the announcer on the field at half time he said it’s very clear USF secondary does not have the speed keep up with their receivers. Or any receivers for that matter. That’s no on the coaches, they didn’t have a lot of time to assemble talent. I believe next year you going to see significant upgrades, across-the-board on defense. The one thing they shouldn’t have trouble finding in Florida, is athletes with speed

I think Golesh for some reason goes in an offensive hole for a quarter or two, the two stops the defense made gave them really good field position, and I believe they blew it by being very conservative in their playcalling. They had a chance to stay in the game ,that was in the second quarter.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473

9 hours ago, MaBull said:

The defensive secondary is a major challenge. I don’t know if you heard the announcer on the field at half time he said it’s very clear USF secondary does not have the speed keep up with their receivers. Or any receivers for that matter. That’s no on the coaches, they didn’t have a lot of time to assemble talent. I believe next year you going to see significant upgrades, across-the-board on defense. The one thing they shouldn’t have trouble finding in Florida, is athletes with speed

I think Golesh for some reason goes in an offensive hole for a quarter or two, the two stops the defense made gave them really good field position, and I believe they blew it by being very conservative in their playcalling. They had a chance to stay in the game ,that was in the second quarter.

Agree 100%. The game was lost during the two possessions in the 2nd quarter where we were at midfield and did nothing. Also, where are the tight ends? I feel the focus on #38 is too much at this point.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Losing is wearing him out. I hope we beat Charlotte and get a bowl game, but I hope it's not the Cure Bowl so they can take a day or two to rest a little. Fenway Bowl would be my first choice.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

8 hours ago, OhioBull said:

Agree 100%. The game was lost during the two possessions in the 2nd quarter where we were at midfield and did nothing. Also, where are the tight ends? I feel the focus on #38 is too much at this point.

Yep we went hb dive fast and did nothing one drive. We need an oc that has some creativity.