• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are over achieving...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Coach Golesh doesn't need to be perfect every play. 

If he can get us to where a bad year is 7 wins, not 2, and a good year is 10 wins, and not a bottom tier bowl, then he has done his job. And I think he will.

No coach is perfect every play. 

I'd say he is doing quite well here with what he has year 1.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Or other hs recruits that do want to buy in to what's trying to be built here ....

He is building something if he has such a strong class now and he is isn't finished.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, hm101 said:

If he can get us to where a bad year is 7 wins, not 2, and a good year is 10 wins, and not a bottom tier bowl, then he has done his job. And I think he will.

Exactly!  The offense will eventually start jelling together. When that happens we are going to see USF consistently scoring over 40pts, 50pts, or maybe even 60pts per game. Then whenever the next shoot out games happen ( UAB, FAU, WKU), USF offense will be ready to win those games imo.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's a pretty significant difference with our defense right now ....

22 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I agree but not my call. 

Not really calling for a change. You keep running it, just trying to get better at it at every opportunity. The goal is for it to pay off more times than it doesn't and can't get there by not running it.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

21 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

According to preseason predictions.

Not necessarily. The preseason O/U was 4.5. 

I took the under and, assuming USF doesn't win another game this season, I win. And let us remember, it is much more important, in the grand scheme of things, that my ego is sated rather than whether U of SF has a successful season. Raise you little hands if you agree...c'mon, lets see those hands shooting skyward! Surely there would be no rejoicing and lifting of voices if I were to lose this specific wager, correct? 

v01.jpg

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417

22 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Not necessarily. The preseason O/U was 4.5. 

I took the under and, assuming USF doesn't win another game this season, I win. And let us remember, it is much more important, in the grand scheme of things, that my ego is sated rather than whether U of SF has a successful season. Raise you little hands if you agree...c'mon, lets see those hands shooting skyward! Surely there would be no rejoicing and lifting of voices if I were to lose this specific wager, correct? 

v01.jpg

Buddy... you're **** outta luck with Charlotte on the schedule 🤣.

Edited by Sk00b
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

First 3 plays for next game should be:

1.  Statue of Liberty

2.  Flea Flicker

3.  Annexation  of Puerto Rico

That way all of the offensive gurus on our message board will surely be happy with the "creativity" and the wide open offense.

Just make sure to use up the whole play clock each play so the 3 and out is 2 minutes instead of 30 seconds so our defense will surely pitch a shut out for the game.

Looorrrrddddd

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Looking at the defense....they are ranked 118th....Colorado who last year also was quite bad maybe the 2nd worse besides us...is now the worse at 130 so while it hasn't been pretty this defense has improved and it will take another class of players to really start to see improvement on the defense. 

The offense despite not being where Golesh wants to be with the talent is still ranked number 36....Tennesse is number 34 after 8 games. 

So yea the UAB and FAU left a bad taste in mouth but we are seeing improvement its just not as fast as most want. 

Watching this offense its obvious this teams really is lacking in vertical speed to stretch the field so once we get more speed at receiver and rb this offense is going to be really cooking.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417

42 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Looking at the defense....they are ranked 118th....Colorado who last year also was quite bad maybe the 2nd worse besides us...is now the worse at 130 so while it hasn't been pretty this defense has improved and it will take another class of players to really start to see improvement on the defense

Wow. I guess i didn't think about that because Colorado puts up so many points (with our ex players).

Great post! 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, hm101 said:

He is a major upgrade compared to the last guy, but he has lots of things to improve on. He is stil learning on the job.

24 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Wow. I guess i didn't think about that because Colorado puts up so many points (with our ex players).

Great post! 

Too bad Sanders only interviewed to steal Horn and Weaver. They would be great for the offense this year. Horn on the screens would be a huge upgrade.