• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can everyone calm down?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Weren't we projected just 3 wins this year? We got those 3 wins in 5 games with this god-awful roster, nobody thought we would start off that hot with a chance of getting into a bowl game after a previous 1-11 squad. It is CAG's first year, so the struggle will happen like we just saw, we do not have the talent we need yet. I understand why a ton of you are upset, after many years of not living up to the Bull's standard, I believe we can get there. We need to get our great recruiting classes in and transfers to come in, then we can asses how well CAG can do. If he sucks with his own players, well, he and MK will probably be booted out of USF. But for now, we can do is just try to stay sane for this year and hopefully expect better for next year. Hopefully, the roller coaster of a program can start rising again. Go Bulls!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

Yup.  Before the season, we understood that this was a new, first time coach, a coaching staff that resembles the bar scene in Star Wars, kids that never played together before, and a new system.  People now seem to forget that a large majority of us just expected improvement.  And we've seen it in the W/L column. 

Come in off the ledge, folks.  One at a time, form a line...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

I have zero issue with CAG as it is his first year and this should have been expected, conversely I have complete issue with VPMK that it is his 6th year and that he decided to make the exact same hire that would lead to these expected results. We can’t keep letting his failure drag on and then have the new AD in the position of having their first decision be who to hire for HC. VPMK has not only failed at running this program for 6 years he has never successfully ran a program anywhere, this dog cannot hunt and it’s way past time to find one that can. Fire Mike Kelly, Fire Him Today!

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

We lack talent definitely but not sold on the OC and DC we have. Seen little to no adjustments made these last games. Effort is definitely worse these last 2 games which is very troubling. 

The offense or lack of one in first half is a big part of why this team has sucked...ultra fast 3 and outs will kill any defense. 

I think most people's frustration isn't Golesh but Kelly in hiring not an established HC but another first time hc. So we gotta go thru this all over again with a new coach.

Meanwhile FAU is pulling away from USF.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

I wonder if we are keeping Kelly around because of his connections.  But, man, there won't be much interest left when the next round of realignment occurs.  There's got to be a reason that he's not on the hot seat.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Grateful Dad said:

I wonder if we are keeping Kelly around because of his connections.  But, man, there won't be much interest left when the next round of realignment occurs.  There's got to be a reason that he's not on the hot seat.

Because, no matter all the yapping, it boils down to his pros have outweighed his cons. His huge con was the CJS hire ..... if CAG crashes and burns in the end, that could be an igniter.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

You know that Doctor Pepper commercial; the one about how the season is lost, burn the gear, the team is cursed. Then Boz points out that it was the first play of the game. That's actually a mini documentary about The Bulls Pen board. We're tired of losing (refer to USF basketball) and there's no reason to calm down. The question is, why get so amped up to begin with? But, to consider that question is to run contrary to being a fan to begin with. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198

No. We just got the breaks beat off us by FAU. There is no calm.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454

1 minute ago, sloan1919 said:

No. We just got the breaks beat off us by FAU. There is no calm.

Beat me to it. We are getting destroyed by glorified community colleges and on Homecoming to boot. Calm is the opposite of what needs to happen right now. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

40 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We lack talent definitely but not sold on the OC and DC we have. Seen little to no adjustments made these last games. Effort is definitely worse these last 2 games which is very troubling. 

The offense or lack of one in first half is a big part of why this team has sucked...ultra fast 3 and outs will kill any defense. 

I think most people's frustration isn't Golesh but Kelly in hiring not an established HC but another first time hc. So we gotta go thru this all over again with a new coach.

Meanwhile FAU is pulling away from USF.

Well said. My frustration right now is one hundred percent with Kelly.