• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Early line

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

For those who say they like going for it on 4th on our own 30 in the 1st QTR because it's aggressive, I would like to say punching a grizzly bear in the face is also aggressive.  

But you shouldn't do it.  Know what I mean?  There's other factors in that risk reward calc.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Hopefully the offense will get to the efficient to the point where 4th down is not as necessary but as things are, we need to have it in our arsenal. We still don't have a true, game breaker on offense. We have decent role players who have shown up each week. Our defense is better served by us going for it on 4th and short. A 3 and out with this offense could take less than 30 seconds of game time. While we are deeper than we have been in the past, we aren't deep enough to be in a situation where our defense is being exposed to multiple long, physical drives in a row with no reprieve. 

I actually feel we are pretty deep defensively. If you notice this season they rarely get gassed and seem to have as much if not more energy in the 4th quarter. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I actually feel we are pretty deep defensively. If you notice this season they rarely get gassed and seem to have as much if not more energy in the 4th quarter. 

They would be more gassed and prone to injury if we weren't converting those 4th downs. The entire energy on this team is different. It feels like the Leavitt days where we were viewed as overachievers. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

18 hours ago, Sk00b said:

I had a CJS era moment in the first quarter yesterday and thought we were gonna get killed. The way these guys shake that off is something i don't remember seeing in years. Hell I'm not sure i remember ever seeing it at this point. We will beat UAB and i will no longer doubt these guys. Well, unless coach calls a stupid 4th down play. Im still gonna get mad about that. 

Yes, the attitude of this team is different then in prior years. In the past going down 14 points, and  after having a bad start you would have seen heads down, and we would have lost.

I loved our reaction; it was like we said to Navy "we are down 14 points; who cares since we are going to put 40 to 50 points on you"

it was great to watch. Golesh has given his team a we are going to kick some a$$  personality

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

was great to watch. Golesh has given his team a we are going to kick some a$$  personality

ProgrAM culture. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Looking forward to talking some trash to UAB fans this week on social media, like we did with Rice.

I thought this past week was kind of muted. Can't really talk trash with Navy. Or at least, I think many people feel bad doing it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

For those who say they like going for it on 4th on our own 30 in the 1st QTR because it's aggressive, I would like to say punching a grizzly bear in the face is also aggressive.  

But you shouldn't do it.  Know what I mean?  There's other factors in that risk reward calc.

We're talking risk/reward. What in the wide, wide world of sports is the reward for punching a grizzly in the face??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

We're talking risk/reward. What in the wide, wide world of sports is the reward for punching a grizzly in the face??

To show how tough you are - like going on in on 4th down from your own 25.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

5 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Between the muffed punt turnover and then failing on 4th down in our own territory, we basically spotted Navy 14 points.  We were able to overcome it and win, but it won't work when we are playing tougher teams.  Need to clean up the early mistakes.  If we don't lose the turnover battle, we beat UAB Saturday.

And turned the ball over.

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yes to "be aggressive" :iconic_u_black: