• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the bulls go bowling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

11 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Only if offense improves. 

This a million times over.  Let's not over react too much just because the defense channeled 2007 out there.  The reincarnation of Selvie was awesome to watch with 3 sacks, but we only scored 3 points- and that was because of a muffed punt.

Aside from one missed pass in the end zone, we never threatened to score a TD.  Felt very much like when we were shutout in 2016 at home; when Taggart knew what he wanted to do, we were super aggressive, used trick plays, but we just couldn't hit pay dirt (and needed more pieces the following year).  The offense has yet to prove it can beat a FBS team, and it needs to do that 5 times this season to go bowling.  Maybe it can....but we need better play calling and execution to get there.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

USF just played against the BEST defense USF will play all season. Period.  You cannot compare USF's offense today against anything we see the rest of the year.

Of the remaining 9 opponents, it is reasonable to think USF has the potential to go 9-0 ... at the same time USF could also go 3-6.

I think they split the difference winning the rest of their games at home (Rice, FAU, Temple, and Charlotte) as well as beating Navy and U Conn on the road... for a 7-5 record and a trip to a bowl game in Boca Raton.

You think we lose to UAB and UTSA? I think we win both of those in addition to the other 6 you mentioned. I personally believe we finish the rest of the season's games 8-1 with a sole loss at Memphis. We'll face Memphis again in the AAC championship and beat them to win the conference. We finish 10-3 this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

we have no B12 tie ins. I believe we have an at large vs at large that may be possible. 

I don't know what to think. I don't think we make one unless CAG can make the adjustments he needs to make to allow this offense to operate where it can versus TN last year. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

This a million times over.  Let's not over react too much just because the defense channeled 2007 out there.  The reincarnation of Selvie was awesome to watch with 3 sacks, but we only scored 3 points- and that was because of a muffed punt.

Aside from one missed pass in the end zone, we never threatened to score a TD.  Felt very much like when we were shutout in 2016 at home; when Taggart knew what he wanted to do, we were super aggressive, used trick plays, but we just couldn't hit pay dirt (and needed more pieces the following year).  The offense has yet to prove it can beat a FBS team, and it needs to do that 5 times this season to go bowling.  Maybe it can....but we need better play calling and execution to get there.

I think I 100 percent agree, but If we play like we did today we have a shot to beat 75 percent of the teams in the country, let alone the teams on our schedule. Our offense, even though it has issues, will be able to produce enough to win games. We have been able to run the ball, and if Brown can't get things going we still have Bohanon.

If it was last years' schedule I would be more wary, but FAU, Charlotte and Uconn look like bottom 10 teams. Really Memphis right now is the only team that had a good start in the AAC. Every other team is beatable if we bring the same intensity that we brought today.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

18 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Let's not over react too much just because the defense channeled 2007 out there. 

Here's the problem though defense is my favorite.  So I must be excited now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

I just looked up our tie ins…according to college football news:

The top-ranked American Athletic Conference champion will be in the mix for the Fiesta, Cotton, or Chick-fil-A Peach if it's the highest-ranked Group of Five champ - and if it's not in the College Football Playoff.

The American Athletic Conference bowl tie-ins and affiliations will mostly be based on geographic location while avoiding repeat appearances.

The ESPN owned and operated bowls will move teams around to create the best possible matchups, but there are a few set ties and affiliations. 

The conference is supposed to get a spot in the Military Bowl in 2023, and 2025, and it's in the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl in 2024. 

Also thrown into the mix is the EasyPost Hawaii Bowl, which is supposed to alternate with the Armed Forces Bowl, but last year the AAC didn't put a team in either one.

The American Athletic are affiliated with these bowl slots ...

- Wasabi Fenway Bowl vs ACC
- Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl vs Conference USA and/or EasyPost Hawai’i Bowl vs Mountain West
- Military Bowl Presented by Peraton vs ACC

The American Athletic Conference will get a chance at putting four teams in these bowls ...

- Duluth Trading Co. Cure Bowl vs Group of Five
- Frisco Bowl vs Group of Five or Army
- New Mexico Bowl vs Mountain West
- Myrtle Beach Bowl vs Group of Five
- RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl vs Group of Five or Army
- SERVPRO First Responder Bowl vs ACC, Big 12, or Pac-12 
- TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl vs SEC
- Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowlvs ACC, Pac-12, or SEC

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, Bullsaficianado said:

- Wasabi Fenway Bowl vs ACC

I want to go to fenway and have wasabi.

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

It’s going to be about consistency and getting better each week. If that happens, yes, we have a legit shot to win more than we lose at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

18 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

You think we lose to UAB and UTSA? I think we win both of those in addition to the other 6 you mentioned. I personally believe we finish the rest of the season's games 8-1 with a sole loss at Memphis. We'll face Memphis again in the AAC championship and beat them to win the conference. We finish 10-3 this season.

Yeah, I think UTSA on the road on a short week will be tight.  UTSA didn't have their QB this week, hence the loss.

And I think UAB being the 2nd game in a row on the road, after fighting against the Navy triple option, will be a rough game.

But as I said, USF could very well go 9-0 the rest of the season... but I wouldn't count on it.

Plus, would we play Memphis, and not Tulane or SMU in the AAC Championship?