• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will the bulls go bowling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I completely disagree. As long as Gerry is unavailable, Brown is our best and only chance. He has no playmakers in his receiving corp.

I don't disagree, but who is to say that we dont have another QB that when called upon could do the job. Didn't we recruit a highly rated California kid?

I do agree that its way to early to give up on Brown if Bohanon cant go. My take is that he needs some time to get used to the new offense and at how fast its going. He looked better throwing the ball at the end of last year, and granted it was against Tulsa, but most of the teams we are playing for the rest of the season wont be much better then Tulsa.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

58 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Felt very much like when we were shutout in 2016 at home; when Taggart knew what he wanted to do, we were super aggressive, used trick plays, but we just couldn't hit pay dirt (and needed more pieces the following year). 

Sounds about right.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

Felt very much like when we were shutout in 2016 at home; when Taggart knew what he wanted to do, we were super aggressive, used trick plays, but we just couldn't hit pay dirt (and needed more pieces the following year).  

(Wrong year, meant 2014.  It was year 2 of Tags)

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Crazy excited about this game. Loved the defense. BB needs to hit some throws downfield, yes, but he is a leader and Golesh is going to live with him. BUT! please remember playing in Gainesville? Playing good defense, decent offense, and then, turds.

Although this was a fun game, I'm still holding out on getting overly excited until I see a couple of W's.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

11 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

(Wrong year, meant 2014.  It was year 2 of Tags)

Thanks for the correction I was stumbling around in my own brain about was that 2016? Seemed too close to the Chucky baby disaster.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Crazy excited about this game. Loved the defense. BB needs to hit some throws downfield, yes, but he is a leader and Golesh is going to live with him. BUT! please remember playing in Gainesville? Playing good defense, decent offense, and then, turds.

Although this was a fun game, I'm still holding out on getting overly excited until I see a couple of W's.

100 percent. I think we find out soon enough. Its easy to get pumped up in a sold out stadium against Alabama. We need to bring the same intensity next week. Holding Bama to 17 will mean nothing if FAU puts 50 on us.  We found out today we have enough talent to be very competitive in the AAC, but I felt the same way last year to.

I am very excites about next weeks game.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

8 hours ago, belgianbull said:

100 percent. I think we find out soon enough. Its easy to get pumped up in a sold out stadium against Alabama. We need to bring the same intensity next week. Holding Bama to 17 will mean nothing if FAU puts 50 on us.  We found out today we have enough talent to be very competitive in the AAC, but I felt the same way last year to.

I am very excites about next weeks game.

My only caveat to the last year turd scenario was we had possibly the worst head coach ever.  It seems like this staff has the guys scratching and clawing for wins.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

50 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

My only caveat to the last year turd scenario was we had possibly the worst head coach ever.  It seems like this staff has the guys scratching and clawing for wins.

Do not disagree, just years of disappointment have me still, I don’t know, maybe a little skeptical. I do think I/we will know for sure in 2-3 weeks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

We will see. If we come out and get beat next week, then it was all for nothing.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1