• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You guys do know that there are 11 games left on our schedule?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

This pity party

How many real pity parties have you attended?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

29 minutes ago, Brad said:

If you've been around and you how fans often react continued losing, this is not a new phenomenon. 

I really think we take it well compared to most others.  In the stands even.  People choose to enjoy and then go to a dark sense of humor vs getting all angry.  

It's almost reached Jets fan levels in comedy.  Anyway I think we are on the right track just got to calm down for a few games.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

How many real pity parties have you attended?

If they actually have those it would be interesting to attend.

Edited by Rocky Style

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

also saw a team that hit harder on defense then I have seen in at least five years, probably actually back to 2007-09

Yes!  Coach mentioned in the press conference that these guys have been told over and over that they are last place and they came out swinging.  That implies coaching to me.  You had CBs in the WRs pocket and there weren't a ton of tackling gaffes like last 3 years.

6 minutes ago, USFDude said:

you probably know this but I saw your mug on TV a few times during the game

Man, I don't think you saw me sitting in my hands.  My voice is still rehabilitating.  It was hot as hell, but kept cool with the beer.  It was fun to be there to support the team.  Loved every minute of it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

37 minutes ago, Brad said:
On 9/3/2023 at 10:21 PM, Peatearpan said:

My goodness, the toxic attitudes on this board after that WKU loss. I hope some of those responses are “hot takes” and overreactions.

Saying the stadium isn’t worth it, that the money is being wasted?

Saying the coach needs to be fired after one game? Keep in mind we have been bad the last 4 seasons, we have new schemes/coaches/players AND a bunch of talent transferred out.

The reactions on this board are unreal.

I don't disagree with you, but those are opinions held in many places like Twitter, FB, the stands in the stadium and any publicly available media or social platform.  About the only place not with a person or two feeling that way is probably the LRS center or the Golesh household. 

It's really better for others to push towards the positive, sanity and the truth we see rather then to condemn "this board" for people speaking their minds.  If you've been around and you how fans often react continued losing, this is not a new phenomenon.  Don't let it get you spewing at others.

AMI PERFECT? NO. Ne BUT AM STRIVING BEA A BETTER PERSON EVERY DAY? ALSO NO.  - iFunny Brazil

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  268
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Man, I don't think you saw me sitting in my hands.  My voice is still rehabilitating.  It was hot as hell, but kept cool with the beer.  It was fun to be there to support the team.  Loved every minute of it.

you were always standing up when I saw you- who did you go to the game with? --- they never showed people on your right

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, USFDude said:

you were always standing up when I saw you- who did you go to the game with? --- they never showed people on your right

My son. 

When we got back last night we started watching the game (the angle of our seats was terrible - but that's the visitor seating).  That first pan in the stands where they got me, he said "They only got my elbow."  LOL.  To my right was him and then an aisle and empty seats basically.  In that space though was Little Golesh and some other kids including @jjlovecub's son.  He did a great job getting the fans fired up!

Most of the Bulls fans were up in the shade.

It was not a good day for filming the visitors section.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

On 9/4/2023 at 10:17 AM, Peatearpan said:

Here’s the thing though, people can’t say “we need to invest in the program to show we can commit to funding our sports program” and also say “omg, the stadium is such a waste of money. Why are they doing that”.

Uh, yes they can, and with some logic to back it.  While some think building a stadium is the silver bullet for success, others think there are more efficient ways to invest in athletics.  I think it is irrelevant, however, as I believe the OCS train has already left the station.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  268
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Uh, yes they can, and with some logic to back it.  While some think building a stadium is the silver bullet for success, others think there are more efficient ways to invest in athletics.  I think it is irrelevant, however, as I believe the OCS train has already left the station.

no doubt. The number of fans who have this drop dead need to get an OCS is a bit overdone. We are talking about 6 or 7 home games a season

Edited by USFDude
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Brad said:

In that space though was Little Golesh

I saw him handing out stickers to kids in the crowd.  :iconic_u_black:

• Go Bulls! 1