• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pictures of Bulls Stadium

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

Sorry I couldn't help myself. 

Was 5 minutes away, here on business and wanted to check it out.

It's not the largest or nicest stadium in the world but it gave me that feeling walking in, the energy of college football. Their own signage and identity. All the signage driving in welcoming you, coming into campus for it. We need an identity independent of the conference we are in or who we are playing that day. We need the OCS. 

UB also has a nice IPF close to the field. 

Maybe in the desert of the off-season here we could share our favorite OCSs, stories of visits, pics, etc. 

20230719_120839.jpg

20230719_121200.jpg

Edited by hm101
  • Like 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

Hopefully our Bulls want need the extra snow removal equipment (although at some of those September afternoon games we might welcome a little ice).

University of Buffalo can't play football because there is too much snow |  For The Win

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

33 minutes ago, hm101 said:

It's not the largest or nicest stadium in the world but it gave me that feeling walking in, the energy of college football. Their own signage and identity. All the signage driving in welcoming you, coming into campus for it. We need an identity independent of the conference we are in or who we are playing that day. We need the OCS. 

Maybe in the desert of the off-season here we could share our favorite OCSs, stories of visits, pics, etc. 

20230719_120839.jpg

20230719_121200.jpg

This is one key part that doesn't get brought up a lot. The stadium should  be build culture and identity for the football program on campus. I hope it is similar to Baylor's stadium.  We have lacked a team identity and a team playing style/system on the field since  Leavitt. We have tried multiple coaching styles from offensive , defensive, intense,  laid back, but have not established a team identity or system that finds and hires coaches that meet the system. Look at programs like Bsu or oviedo they find coaches that meet their offensive identity and system consistently. 

Leavitt- Aggressive coach and high energy 

Teams were Fiesty and scrappy. We had a defense that was feared and a scrappy  offense that stayed in games and made some big plays when needed.

Skip- lower energy than Leavitt l. Team started to fall off  and not be as aggressive. I  dont recall whether he specialized in offense or defense. He had some decent wins just didn't work out at USF. He has had success every stop since usf. I know he had to raise recruiting standards .

Willy-  young offensive coach. High energy very good at selling the program and recruiting but not great at game management or game planning. Willy was forced to change his offense to gulf coast offense what built his success ironically.  He had his second best winning percentage at usf and hasn't looked great anywhere else.

Strong- low energy, defensive minded coach, old school, and felt he coached tried his hardest only on year one. I think he gave his best effort on year one  hoping to get a new job after. He had bad calls against ucf that cost the game. He didn't seem to care nearly as much in year 2 and year 3, felt like he didn't want to be here and going through the motions. Started the downfall but was much more effective then his successor. 

Scott- low energy, young offensive coach and was not ready to be a head coach. Terrible coach but a nice guy. I could go on but stopping there. ✋️ 

Golesh-  Young offensive mind with high energy.

Seems Ad Mk wants to build an identity  that involves offensive minded coaches. The only one way to build a successful team identity and system is start winning with a playing styles/systems and continue to recruit players and hire coaches that fit your identity. Ad mk is trying to create his identity for the team but just hasnt been successful on getting the right coaches or form of motivation to the previous two stafa to perform better. The stadium, ipf, and facilties upgrades are address that part of the equation, but we have lacked a team identity and  similar playing styles between coaches.  Other teams face this issue when they change between coaches and playing styles see Oklahoma from offensive minded coaches for a long stretch to trying to change to a defensive minded head coach. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Nice stadium, but a track at a football stadium is a big downer to me. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

I've been there before. Nice stadium. They didn't have the IPF back then.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, John Lewis said:

I've been there before. Nice stadium. They didn't have the IPF back then.

Wasn't bold enough to try the doors but looked good. Ours is of course better. 

20230719_121309.jpg

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

Interesting design. Almost looks like an apartment complex.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, hm101 said:

20230719_120839.jpg

20230719_121200.jpg

I have 5 high schools within 20 minutes that rival that place, place is shat, if that is the best we can do then **** it. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I have 5 high schools within 20 minutes that rival that place, place is shat, if that is the best we can do then **** it. 

I retract that statement, the highschools in todays dollars are way superior, that stadium is trash, go big or go home or in that case go mediocre or go home. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, hm101 said:

Wasn't bold enough to try the doors but looked good. Ours is of course better. 

20230719_121309.jpg

Their field house is way more impressive than their stadium .....

site.png
UBBULLS.COM

. The official facility page for the

• Upvote 1