• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And the line opens at...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Don’t be surprised if it ends up being 62-14. That should not ruin the trip. Enjoy the travel & adventures

I am still trying to recover from NC State trip a couple years ago.   I was struggling with heart issues and that one almost finished the job.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

The mark for me will be at least 4 wins. Anything below that and Mike Kelly has to be fired.

Why not just make it anything less than undefeated?  If we're going that way, let's get it over with.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  10

21 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Why not just make it anything less than undefeated?  If we're going that way, let's get it over with.

I am hoping we can get more then the 4 wins, but if Golesh comes out and only wins 3 games (or less), after the last 5 years we would have no choice but to fire Kelly. It would be 5 years where we got 4 wins, 1 win, 2 wins, 1 win, 3 wins. I hope it doesn't come to that but having a clear marker where we need to see at least 4 wins is not unreasonable. Any other line of work and Kelly would have been fired already. And I don't buy the OCS argument. We are building the OCS because we have no choice after being left behind again in conference realignment

• Content Count:  1,714
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Brad said:

North Texas next year, Charlotte in ‘26.  Lotta teams, lotta teams.  

We are playing Charlotte this season during Thanksgiving weekend in front of what I am guessing will be about 17k through the turnstiles at RayJay.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,531
  • Days Won:  25

55 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

My bar is 5 wins to show real improvement and erase the biggest lose from USF history. Anything less in a weakened aac and soft schedule is no Bueno. There are eleven teams with decent coaching and player performance we should not get blown out by.

Edited by Outlaw

27 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I am hoping we can get more then the 4 wins, but if Golesh comes out and only wins 3 games (or less), after the last 5 years we would have no choice but to fire Kelly. It would be 5 years where we got 4 wins, 1 win, 2 wins, 1 win, 3 wins. I hope it doesn't come to that but having a clear marker where we need to see at least 4 wins is not unreasonable. Any other line of work and Kelly would have been fired already. And I don't buy the OCS argument. We are building the OCS because we have no choice after being left behind again in conference realignment

We could go 1-11 again and Kelly won’t be fired IMO. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,531
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

We are playing Charlotte this season during Thanksgiving weekend in front of what I am guessing will be about 17k through the turnstiles at RayJay.

I think it  alot of it depends on our record at the time could be 5k ot 22k.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I think it  alot of it depends on our record at the time could be 5k ot 22k.

I don’t think the record will matter. Many students will be home for Thanksgiving break and the casual fan is not going to show up on a holiday weekend for Charlotte. Not sure how well Charlotte fans travel but I am assuming they won’t be much of a presence 

• Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  10

15 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

We could go 1-11 again and Kelly won’t be fired IMO. 

And I think you are probably right. I think that's the reason why we are near the bottom in both men's basketball and football; a lack of accountability. There is no other program that would tolerate the amount of losing we have. Look at FAU that just fired Taggart. Ask Outlaw what probably would have happened at USF under Kelly in the same circumstances.

If we win one game next year after 4 wins, 1 win, 2 wins, and 1 win and Kelly isn't fired than I don't know what to say. Especially if you consider how bad we have been in men's basketball as well. That  said I fully expect us to win at least 4 games, and all this will probably all be moot

Edited by belgianbull
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

And I think you are probably right. I think that's the reason why we are near the bottom in both men's basketball and football; a lack of accountability. There is no other program that would tolerate the amount of losing we have. Look at FAU that just fired Taggart. Ask Outlaw what probably would have happened at USF under Kelly in the same circumstances.

If we win one game next year after 4 wins, 1 win, 2 wins, and 1 win and Kelly isn't fired than I don't know what t say. Especially if you consider how bad we have been in men's basketball as well. That  said I fully expect us to win at least 4 games, and all this will probably  be moot

I just think the Powers that be will allow Kelly’s hire, Golesh, to have three seasons, before they make any decisions on Kelly. If Golesh ends up being another Charlie Strong or Jeff Scott then Kelly won’t be hiring the next coach.

• Upvote 2