• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And the line opens at...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,519
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And you know this how? Not saying it wouldn’t be different, but there’s absolutely no way anyone knows where we would be, better or worse.

Do you think if Leavitt stuck around we would be going 1-26 in FBs football over a three year span? Leavitt was not the greatest coach , but he was by far the best coach USF has ever seen. He had a knack for punching up and upsetting blue blood teams, but would lose games that we should have won. He never looked anything nearly as bad as what we have witnessed under AD MK era of USF Football so far. USF Football was in a much better place before AD MK took over. HE does not bare all the blame but he is a big apart of the losing culture shift.  No other sane AD would extend a coach with one fbs win in two seasons and be surprised they didnt turn that corner they were so close to turning. There is  definitely a correlation rather people want to admit it or not. He fired a coach for three fbs wins/four total wins in his worst season of his career and extending someone that had a peak of one fbs win/two total wins in a season. 

Pre Kelly

image.png.f681fd448b48b96adecc6f9f4ede6648.png

Kelly Era

image.png.a957c4dbe745c5284898b1813113702a.png

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Trip is right again. I never said Rivals was first. At least I didn’t mean to say that. I meant that I recall seeing smazza’s negative post all over the rivals board. When the USF Bullseye rivals board had less traffic I remember referring smazza to Brad’s board as it was more active. 

With respect, Smazza was one of the very first to use our message board when it resided on southfloridabulls.com - in 1999-2000 timeframe, which I think preceded USFBullseye on Rivals.  Nonetheless, our Membership Committee thanks you for your referral.  

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

With respect, Smazza was one of the very first to use our message board when it resided on southfloridabulls.com - in 1999-2000 timeframe, which I think preceded USFBullseye on Rivals. 

I like this better ..... I'd hate to have to hold Matrix personally responsible for recruiting smazza to the board. Maybe he was thinking of the ESPN boards.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,464

52 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Do you think if Leavitt stuck around we would be going 1-26 in FBs football over a three year span? Leavitt was not the greatest coach , but he was by far the best coach USF has ever seen. He had a knack for punching up and upsetting blue blood teams, but would lose games that we should have won. He never looked anything nearly as bad as what we have witnessed under AD MK era of USF Football so far. USF Football was in a much better place before AD MK took over. HE does not bare all the blame but he is a big apart of the losing culture shift.  No other sane AD would extend a coach with one fbs win in two seasons and be surprised they didnt turn that corner they were so close to turning. There is  definitely a correlation rather people want to admit it or not. He fired a coach for three fbs wins/four total wins in his worst season of his career and extending someone that had a peak of one fbs win/two total wins in a season. 

Pre Kelly

image.png.f681fd448b48b96adecc6f9f4ede6648.png

Kelly Era

image.png.a957c4dbe745c5284898b1813113702a.png

Ain't hindsight a beautiful thing? I've been to every home game but 1 1/2, every bowl game, and maybe 40 away games. I know full well what has happened in the PAST. I also know that some people learn from their mistakes, some don't. Some people want to spend way to much energy crying about the past, BUT! again, NO ONE KNOWS the FUTURE. This isn't Ted Lasso, nobody has tried to torpedo the program.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Ain't hindsight a beautiful thing? I've been to every home game but 1 1/2, every bowl game, and maybe 40 away games. I know full well what has happened in the PAST. I also know that some people learn from their mistakes, some don't. Some people want to spend way to much energy crying about the past, BUT! again, NO ONE KNOWS the FUTURE. This isn't Ted Lasso, nobody has tried to torpedo the program.

He may not intentionally talking usf and never stated that, but his vision for usf football has put usf at the bottom of fbs football in only five seasons. We need goach to win. Harlan had usf moving in the right direction and just took Utah another step forward.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,412
  • Days Won:  43

32 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I like this better ..... I'd hate to have to hold Matrix personally responsible for recruiting smazza to the board. Maybe he was thinking of the ESPN boards.

Yeah I think Im off the hook for this one lol 

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He may not intentionally talking usf and never stated that, but his vision for usf football has put usf at the bottom of fbs football in only five seasons. We need goach to win. Harlan had usf moving in the right direction and just took Utah another step forward.

So you're saying that VPMK has fooled everyone from the BoT and Prez Law on down to Golesh about "his vision"? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

So you're saying that VPMK has fooled everyone from the BoT and Prez Law on down to Golesh about "his vision"? 

Based on the results yes. Or he has a vision  but has no idea how to bring into reality.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

43 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Based on the results yes. Or he has a vision  but has no idea how to bring into reality.

You-keep-using-that-word GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 7/8/2023 at 4:26 PM, Outlaw said:

So Prez Law and the BoT are not doing their jobs because he's still here? IIRC they all said they had the same vision for the program. Maybe we should just fire everybody.