• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This feels very strange

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

16 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Yes, I think that was a huge mistake. I think the AAC should have added 3 (UAB, FAU, and UTSA), and then have waited to see how the football landscape played out. Should have waited to see if a team could break out from the rest and distinguish themselves, and  waited  to see what happened in the Mountain West . And really I can come up with 10 other teams besides Rice, North Texas, and Charlotte that would have been better adds quality wise. Marshall, Toledo, Appalachian State, Army, and perhaps Boise State, Colorado State after when SDSU leaves.

It would have been better for us that instead of having games this upcoming year with Rice and Charlotte that we had SMU and Tulane scheduled.

I presume that Athletic Directors had some say in this set up, and I hope some at least some spoke up against this new AAC set up

I don’t think it is that bad. I do believe the AAC will shock many..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

Just though of a question I haven't seen yet.  Does moving from 11 to 14 teams result in less revenue per school from the TV/post-season pot?  Is the money now divided 14 ways instead of 11 or did all of this add something to the total pot?  I know we get some of the early exit fees but just wondering about the other conference revenue.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

And we can't rule out that the AAC is being proactive...adding a surplus of teams at point-X, knowing - or at least certainly expecting - a number of members will be exiting in the foreseeable future. This pretty much ensures that there is less of a mad scramble to back fill vacancies. Given that the AAC has to realize that there will be no "P-6" (regardless of down marker decor), this could just be cementing the 'tallest midget' foundation for years to come. Get rid of USF & FAU, and who would be AAC find desirable? Appalachian State & Coastal Carolina? How 'bout Southern Miss & Troy? I would imagine that the non-P5 conferences view expansion much as the P5 does: what does [variable] bring to the table and how / is that advantageous to us going forward? Gotta think in terms of the non-P5 market not drying up and blowing away just because of P5 machinations. We - and you know who we are - still have a business to run regardless of what the neighbors are doing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, WoolyBully said:

And we can't rule out that the AAC is being proactive...adding a surplus of teams at point-X, knowing - or at least certainly expecting - a number of members will be exiting in the foreseeable future. This pretty much ensures that there is less of a mad scramble to back fill vacancies. Given that the AAC has to realize that there will be no "P-6" (regardless of down marker decor), this could just be cementing the 'tallest midget' foundation for years to come. Get rid of USF & FAU, and who would be AAC find desirable? Appalachian State & Coastal Carolina? How 'bout Southern Miss & Troy? I would imagine that the non-P5 conferences view expansion much as the P5 does: what does [variable] bring to the table and how / is that advantageous to us going forward? Gotta think in terms of the non-P5 market not drying up and blowing away just because of P5 machinations. We - and you know who we are - still have a business to run regardless of what the neighbors are doing.

Bingo! Yeah if I were the AAC i would be looking at adding more to get to 16 if possible. Tons of schools available that can add strength 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

Did he American Athletic Conference just become the new NCAA Division II? Hopefully this stadium gets us into the conversation for the next conference realignment. 

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,551
  • Days Won:  28

On 7/3/2023 at 6:21 PM, Sk00b said:

Let's just win a conference championship... i don't give a **** who we play at this point. I want to see wins.

EXACTLY!!!! We haven't won **** in 7 years. At this point, the opponent doesn't matter to me. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,515
  • Days Won:  25

On 7/5/2023 at 8:51 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

EXACTLY!!!! We haven't won **** in 7 years. At this point, the opponent doesn't matter to me. 

All you can do is win and change the future. We suck until we don't. First up WKU. The returning players from the last 3 to 4 years don't better have a fire in their belly to improve and win . If not bench them and play Goach's transfers and recruits. I hope to see a much improved team based on mediocre coaching alone. We could run 22 brand new starters and it would be next to impossible to perform worse then the Michael Kelly era of Usf athletics.  So Ad Mk went all in on Golesh and let's hope he got it right the second time around. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,074
  • Days Won:  38

On 7/5/2023 at 8:51 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

I am hoping to see my first in person win this year since South Carolina, but it has to be WKU or UAB.

11 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I am hoping to see my first in person win this year since South Carolina, but it has to be WKU or UAB.

Those are tough draws. WKU high powered offense. UAB coach Dilfer. I hope my forecast is off as I have those two games as loses for USF