• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would you rather have had usf accepted in a power 5 or AAU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Power Five. I could truly care less about USF's standing in academia. I'm not flying to Tampa later this year to watch the debate team square off against Alabama.

The only time I get annoyed with a lack of academics is when our players speak on television and they truly sound like they need to be re-taught on how to converse above the discourse heard on a playground. There's something to be said about speaking well in public.

I was accepted to USF with a 2.19 GPA and 1080 SAT's back in 1998. Granted, having an excellent GPA and high SAT's would have been nice, however a lack of positive results in high school are not always indicative of an individual's ceiling in life.   

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

USF will have both…..

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

36 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

The only time I get annoyed with a lack of academics is when our players speak on television and they truly sound like they need to be re-taught on how to converse above the discourse heard on a playground. There's something to be said about speaking well in public....however a lack of positive results in high school are not always indicative of an individual's ceiling in life.   

Indeed, considerable amount of truth in these statements. No choice but to put you in for yet another award. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

But seriously, USF fans need to put their doom & gloom forecasts behind them.  USF is good enough to have both and I do believe we will see that happen 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

19 hours ago, Brad said:

Prepare thineself for a 4 or 5 win season.  

That's my expectation as well, but not necessarily my prediction. This upcoming season is so hard to predict. Just want to see improvement, and then a bowl game year two.

That said Coach Golesh is lucky to come in this year. This is easily the  easiest schedule we have played since before our Big East days. Rice, Charlotte, Temple, FAMU are all winnable games. UAB, Navy, FAU as well all have new head coaches. Hopefully Coach Golesh can come in and exceed expectations and get some momentum going early.

While I am hoping to see some good things year one; year 2 is where I expect to start seeing some real results.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

Power Five. I could truly care less about USF's standing in academia. I'm not flying to Tampa later this year to watch the debate team square off against Alabama.

The only time I get annoyed with a lack of academics is when our players speak on television and they truly sound like they need to be re-taught on how to converse above the discourse heard on a playground. There's something to be said about speaking well in public.

I was accepted to USF with a 2.19 GPA and 1080 SAT's back in 1998. Granted, having an excellent GPA and high SAT's would have been nice, however a lack of positive results in high school are not always indicative of an individual's ceiling in life.   

Did the football program accomplish  more then one fbs win in three seasons during your pre aau status days ? I believe so and that is what matters. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

But you'd have a better chance at seeing them beat Alabama in that. If you're flying down to see them square off in football you might leave a tad disappointed. 

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

But you'd have a better chance at seeing them beat Alabama in that. If you're flying down to see them square off in football you might leave a tad disappointed. 

That's pretty funny for a plethora of reasons. Our athletics bring some(?) people in, but lose us millions of dollars every year. Our academics bring in students that make us millions of dollars every year and we can actually win those match ups.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

That's pretty funny for a plethora of reasons. Our athletics bring some(?) people in, but lose us millions of dollars every year. Our academics bring in students that make us millions of dollars every year and we can actually win those match ups.

image.png.b2faf82f8339e4a8a0ae107d637c891a.png

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, belgianbull said:

That's my expectation as well, but not necessarily my prediction. This upcoming season is so hard to predict. Just want to see improvement, and then a bowl game year two.

That said Coach Golesh is lucky to come in this year. This is easily the  easiest schedule we have played since before our Big East days. Rice, Charlotte, Temple, FAMU are all winnable games. UAB, Navy, FAU as well all have new head coaches. Hopefully Coach Golesh can come in and exceed expectations and get some momentum going early.

While I am hoping to see some good things year one; year 2 is where I expect to start seeing some real results.

If you can win 5 of more games with this schedule and conference play then you should not be coaching.