• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would you rather have had usf accepted in a power 5 or AAU?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Gotta to be able to play then and beat them in most cases...

Is there a one in a million chance that a G5 can be Top 25 beating other G5s?  Sure.

You don't have to be a P5 to play one, though, not yet anyway. The Kanigits padded their resume leading up to the invite by primarily beating G5's, with an occasional mediocre P5 thrown in (going 6-11) during the regular season  ..... and then made a circus out of their exhibition game wins to draw attention.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You don't have to be a P5 to play one

No you don’t and I didnt say you had to - neither did @Outlaw.  There is cachet being a P5.  It’s not smart to downplay it whether we’re in it or not.  

It’s funny people joke with the comment “we can’t have nice things”.  If you don’t dream about it, you’re unlikely to get it.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Brad said:

No you don’t and I didnt say you had to - neither did @Outlaw.  There is cachet being a P5.  It’s not smart to downplay it whether we’re in it or not.  

Nobody's downplaying it, Scarecrow. What I said that apparently started you going off on a weird tangent was that you don't have to be in a P5 as part of the criteria to get back to being a top 50, hopefully top 25, football program, which is what Outlaw said:

10 hours ago, Outlaw said:

For athletics AAU does nothing, but for the university it is a big deal. I care more about football being a top 50 and hopefully  top 25 program again. Power5 , big wins, top 25 wins, conference championships. and bowl wins are the only way for that to happen. Something we have been lacking for far too long. The only way to change that is win and we can't do it under the current athletic department in two years time to clean house from top to bottom .

.................. but maybe he had another auto-correct on what he really wrote.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

13 hours ago, Brad said:

It’s funny people joke with the comment “we can’t have nice things”.  If you don’t dream about it, you’re unlikely to get it

I pointed this out and someone called me Tony Robbins.  

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

I've been called worse...

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,481
  • Days Won:  13

I asked my boss if I can have a raise since I now have a degree from an AAU University. Didn't get that raise. 

I still vote Power 5, because watching us at the big boys table gave me some joy. Now we are in the minor leagues and awful too. 

28 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I asked my boss if I can have a raise since I now have a degree from an AAU University. Didn't get that raise.

I don't think you will get raises based on education quality once they have you locked in at their desired rate.

Maybe if your next job has a hiring manager that is an education prestige snob (it does happen even in adult world)?  But more likely this applies to someone fresh out of college.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,381
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I still vote Power 5, because watching us at the big boys table gave me some joy. Now we are in the minor leagues and awful too. 

Lol you were supposed to get a higher job offer first using your new AAU status and then negotiate with your current boss. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

so true

20 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Lol you were supposed to get a higher job offer first using your new AAU status and then negotiate with your current boss. 

That also works, but I find it's better to just leave.  🤔

• Haha 1