• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I don't agree that I'm "whining" about shade. I'd like to see the university remove what appears to be a significant obstacle to increasing butts in the seats at the OCS.

It absolutely is crazy hot in the afternoon in Florida September-November. Diehards don't care, but casual fans might prefer to stay home if it's going to be painfully hot at the stadium. On the other hand, if there's shade, all of a sudden it doesn't matter as much if the game is at noon or 3:30 (although there are other reasons why night games are better). Program support, measured by butts in the seats, is clearly an issue right now at RJS - so why not try to address it, if you can, in the OCS while you also work on winning?

Btw, I won't tell you how much, but I actually contributed a significant amount to the OCS fund. But whether or how much I contributed, that's totally irrelevant to the issue (shade at the OCS).

Lack of shade doesn't seem to hurt any other college that's winning football games. And they ALL play noon games no matter where they're ranked.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

I won't whine if there's no shade ......... but I may whimper a bit.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,569

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Lack of shade doesn't seem to hurt any other college that's winning football games. And they ALL play noon games no matter where they're ranked.

So now are are back to what @puc86and I have been preaching all along, winning is the only thing that matters. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

35 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So now are are back to what @puc86and I have been preaching all along, winning is the only thing that matters. 

gcscottanimated.gif.65d599e985d100a93f54c007ea3ae6dc.gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

A lot of those teams aren’t playing their games in feel like temps of 90 to 100 plus. I will agree though that winning would cure 99% of our problems. I for one enjoy the shade and think the new stadium should have more of it. The Dolphins stadium with the shade has made it nicer for fans 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

8 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Say what you want, I’m not apologizing for wanting shade. The heat absolutely affects attendance. More shade = more fans. It’s really that simple. 

Sure, if they win regularly, more fans may be willing to brave the heat. But in the meantime, why not get shade if you can, and likely improve attendance and thereby increase exposure to your (improving or good) product?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

why would anyone be against shade?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Days Won:  3

54 minutes ago, smazza said:

why would anyone be against shade?

Cost. No one is going to be against shade if it had no impact on the cost and what may have to be forfeited to provide that.  In this case, it may be that the cost could make the whole project a no-go based on what USF could afford. 

I’m pretty sure no one would stay home because they can’t work on their farmer’s tan at a game. 

Edited by Boomer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

Cost. No one is going to be against shade if it had no impact on the cost and what may have to be forfeited to provide that.  In this case, it may be that the cost could make the whole project a no-go based on what USF could afford. 

I’m pretty sure no one would stay home because they can’t work on their farmer’s tan at a game. 

100% agree with your first comment. But, there are some that won't go for a myriad of excuses, with a lack of shade being only one of them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,411
  • Days Won:  3

$340M and shade is too costly? Get outta here. Just build one side with shade and the other a grass berm and call it a day.

• Like 1