• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Got it .... was more of a technical look than a purty picture.

Correct.  At second look, they were referred to as "construction plans" not a "rendering" of what such construction might lead to.  

But, for @jjlovecub, you'll be happy to know there is a "Complaints Desk" in the Northeast corner of the mezzanine level.  Come join us!   :roflmao:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

21 minutes ago, Brad said:

Because I don't know how to read building plans.  It wasn't anything like a clear cut, finished product likeocsver.jpg:

I have seen this rendering used often. I would take it in a heartbeat, but personally from an architectural standpoint it kind of looks vanilla to me. I hope it will would look different from this.

Edited by belgianbull

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

36 minutes ago, Brad said:

How would you measure a household, it aint a cable box, but two FireTVs and two Rokus.  

My old compañeros at Nielsen actually do measure screens (phone, mobile, streaming, cable, etc.) per household. These were huge hurdles for Nielsen to latch onto. When I worked there - along with our good friend @MaltLiquorBull - the big project was tallying eyeballs on 'time shifted viewing' where a program is viewed outside of the broadcast window (DVRing, video recording, etc.) The old days of ma and pa and Junior and Susie sitting in front of the tee-vee watching a program is way in the rear-view mirror. So, some of the demographic measurements might not be that accurate, but at least you can count active devices and eyeballs.

In other Nielsen news, after losing its accreditation, the ever-coveted status has been reinstated in 2023 for national audiences. This was always the argument with cable companies, do we really need the demographics or just headcount? Fun exercise: figure out the age demographic for advertisers with commercials during your television viewing. Do you fit that demographic? Just asking ... 😆

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

9 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I have seen this rendering used often. I would take it in a heartbeat, but personally from an architectural standpoint it kind of looks vanilla to me. I hope it will would look different from this.

Is that water going to be there?  That's cool.  Maybe literally cooling.  I like it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

My old compañeros at Nielsen actually do measure screens (phone, mobile, streaming, cable, etc.) per household. These were huge hurdles for Nielsen to latch onto. When I worked there - along with our good friend @MaltLiquorBull - the big project was tallying eyeballs on 'time shifted viewing' where a program is viewed outside of the broadcast window (DVRing, video recording, etc.) The old days of ma and pa and Junior and Susie sitting in front of the tee-vee watching a program is way in the rear-view mirror. So, some of the demographic measurements might not be that accurate, but at least you can count active devices and eyeballs.

In other Nielsen news, after losing its accreditation, the ever-coveted status has been reinstated in 2023 for national audiences. This was always the argument with cable companies, do we really need the demographics or just headcount? Fun exercise: figure out the age demographic for advertisers with commercials during your television viewing. Do you fit that demographic? Just asking ... 😆

There isn't a day that I visit The Bulls Pen and don't come away more highly educated...the AAU is in our veins...

• Haha 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

There isn't a day that I visit The Bulls Pen and don't come away more highly educated...the AAU is in our veins...

big-brain-pulp-fiction.gif

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Brad said:

But, for @jjlovecub, you'll be happy to know there is a "Complaints Desk" in the Northeast corner of the mezzanine level.  Come join us!   :roflmao:

Whining section YAY!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

The students really had a hard time showing up and getting excited today

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

The students really had a hard time showing up and getting excited today

I couldn't tell if that was us.  Did the Glazers let us paint the field?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I couldn't tell if that was us.  Did the Glazers let us paint the field?

It happens more than you would like to believe, it you picked the top 1000 things we could best spend $350 million on an OCS game would struggle to come in 1000th right now, it’s being moved to the front because it takes time and failures don’t have to do anything beyond failing for years to accomplish it. Didn’t accomplish on time? You didn’t give enough.

• Haha 1