• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

FWIW I've been checking the Board of Governors page every day to see if the agenda for the next meeting (August 29-30) is posted yet. I'm assuming it won't be until a week ahead, but you never know so I'll keep checking. State law only requires "reasonable notice" so conceivably that could be the day before the meeting, but I'd imagine it would be a week out.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

48 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

FWIW I've been checking the Board of Governors page every day to see if the agenda for the next meeting (August 29-30) is posted yet. I'm assuming it won't be until a week ahead, but you never know so I'll keep checking. State law only requires "reasonable notice" so conceivably that could be the day before the meeting, but I'd imagine it would be a week out.

lol i love it. i've seen people here mention late summer early fall when we can expect to see something. My newest tinfoil hat theory is next Wednesday/Thursday. Pretty sure those 2 days after the MLB all star game are the only days of the year with no major sports on TV.

Huge vacuum looking for something sports related to talk about...wouldn't be the worst time to throw out stadium renderings

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, bulloni said:

lol i love it. i've seen people here mention late summer early fall when we can expect to see something. My newest tinfoil hat theory is next Wednesday/Thursday. Pretty sure those 2 days after the MLB all star game are the only days of the year with no major sports on TV.

Huge vacuum looking for something sports related to talk about...wouldn't be the worst time to throw out stadium renderings

I dunno. During his Twitter "vent" a couple weeks ago, VPMK made it sound like he wanted to make an event out of things. With the likely BoG approval coming the week college football kicks off, I think the "event" is something tied into the first home game or the Bama game

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Is it possible that someone on the BoG goes rogue and puts up an argument that this is no time to be taking on such debt and not worth the risk?  I hope Brian Lamb has this all ready to breeze through with a unanimous rubber stamp.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

27 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I dunno. During his Twitter "vent" a couple weeks ago, VPMK made it sound like he wanted to make an event out of things. With the likely BoG approval coming the week college football kicks off, I think the "event" is something tied into the first home game or the Bama game

18 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Is it possible that someone on the BoG goes rogue and puts up an argument that this is no time to be taking on such debt and not worth the risk?  I hope Brian Lamb has this all ready to breeze through with a unanimous rubber stamp.

GoBulls84 inspired me to go back and look. Kelly's comment here "I don't think its wise to release any general renderings until a higher level of deliverability certainty is achieved" is some interesting wording. 

I wonder if its related to 79Bull's sentiments on the board of governors meeting. Seems like thats the last hurdle and we should be in the clear...but if we released renderings now, and they told us to scale back the plan its too much $$$ it would be a disaster.

Better to wait and just get that locked in, then go forward and show off what it'll look like.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

42 minutes ago, bulloni said:

GoBulls84 inspired me to go back and look. Kelly's comment here "I don't think its wise to release any general renderings until a higher level of deliverability certainty is achieved" is some interesting wording. 

I wonder if its related to 79Bull's sentiments on the board of governors meeting. Seems like thats the last hurdle and we should be in the clear...but if we released renderings now, and they told us to scale back the plan its too much $$$ it would be a disaster.

Better to wait and just get that locked in, then go forward and show off what it'll look like.

In MK we trust. It is great for us all to speculate regarding the OCS. Keeps USF on people’s minds

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

52 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Good catch. What I think VPMK means (only he knows for sure) is that the renderings should accurately reflect what USF intends to build, and they aren't yet clear on what exactly they plan to do with certain major components. For example, renderings would naturally show shade structures - but USF needs to make sure they can be built within budget. If you release renderings showing shade structures, but don't build them later due to cost, you'll have a lot of disappointed students and fans. So they're just trying to make sure that what they depict on the renderings will in fact get built. That's what I understand "deliverability certainty" to mean.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

When it comes to the OCS and renderings I have quit a bit of patience. I rather it be built right vs cheap or fast. So if they need a little extra time to do so I am fine with it. We cannot afford to go the cheap route.

The OCS has to look like one that belongs in a Power 5 conference. it can't look like Tulane or FAU, it has to be something closer to Houston, San Diego State, Colorado State.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

When it comes to the OCS and renderings I have quit a bit of patience. I rather it be built right vs cheap or fast. So if they need a little extra time to do so I am fine with it. We cannot afford to go the cheap route.

The OCS has to look like one that belongs in a Power 5 conference. it can't look like Tulane or FAU, it has to be something closer to Houston, San Diego State, Colorado State.

Better, Faster, Cheaper; Pick 2.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

USF is finally doing something the right way. I give them major props. The whining is understandable but they need to pipe down. Let USF do this the right way, for once. 

• Like 1