• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

10 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

That shade would be nice

Guessing this would be a later addition.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

Future growth question.  If we want to increase the stadium seating from 35000 to 50,000 do you think they are taking that into account?   Would not the stadium design be impacted by future expansion?   Looking to see what the thoughts were because I looked at Orlando soccer stadium and the shade is nice but seems to lock in expansion to a degree.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

53 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

We’re in a better location, but as of late, trying to battle it out to not be last place in the AAC.  Nice stadium will be amazing, but we need to start taking care of business on the field no matter where we play.

Yes. I do believe USF knows that or they would of never fired their past few coaches. I could buy the argument that USF is not trying if they didn’t make coaching changes. Think we are in good hands moving forward 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Rizman said:

Future growth question.  If we want to increase the stadium seating from 35000 to 50,000 do you think they are taking that into account?   Would not the stadium design be impacted by future expansion?   Looking to see what the thoughts were because I looked at Orlando soccer stadium and the shade is nice but seems to lock in expansion to a degree.

From what I have heard it will be more like a hybrid mix of SDSU/CSU new stadiums. Worse case it will be like Houston’s 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

5 minutes ago, Rizman said:

They've said from the outset that part of the project design is to include the possibility of expansion in the future

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Rizman said:

I’m certainly not an architect or engineer, but I would think that the roof panels could be designed for expansion. I would think that they could simply add straight sections with only the corners needing to change.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yes. I do believe USF knows that or they would have never fired their past few coaches. I could buy the argument that USF is not trying if they didn’t make coaching changes. Think we are in good hands moving forward 

I feel that. Golesh seems more like a football coach out of the gate.  We shall see.  I have a much better feeling about him than I did with the last guy.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

13 hours ago, John Lewis said:

I'd be surprised if that's the actual cost of the seats.

I was going by the chart that someone posted on here. 

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

There has been a good deal of activity on the OCS site over the past week. There have been engineering crews taking soil samples in numerous locations for the site. There was also a survey crew at the intersection of 50th and Fletcher this morning, so I am assuming that there will be improvements to that intersection coming at some point.

Also, that small turf area next to the IPF that has the blocking sleds has been ripped up and is being replaced.

Tell them to not disturb any bones they might fine.  😃 Don't need a curse on that stadium as well. 

• Haha 2