• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking at the 2023 Schedule. How Will Navy be??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,471
  • Days Won:  25

The Navy defense is one of the best in the country. But, what will the offense look like with a new HC?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

Navy hasn't been good the last 3 years, but are always a tough team to play against.

Last year was weird for them. They lost to Delaware but then beat UCF, and almost beat Notre Dame.

Its a winnable game though for us. 

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522

They are also working with a new head coach this season, so that will make an outcome more difficult to predict.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,414
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Navy hasn't been good the last 3 years, but are always a tough team to play against.

Last year was weird for them. They lost to Delaware but then beat UCF, and almost beat Notre Dame.

Its a winnable game though for us. 

I feel like we always get handled by Navy. Could be wrong here but you are right. They are a weird one for sure.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

I want revenge on WKU. That bowl game left a bad taste. As for the other games...........un-duh-feeted!!!:04-rock:

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038

10 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

I feel like we always get handled by Navy. Could be wrong here but you are right. They are a weird one for sure.

True, it feels like we never could stop that triple option flexbone offense. Even when we beat them that last time when we were good and they were ranked they put up a ton of points against us (2016). 

The question will be with their new coach if they will still run the same offense. I guess its a good time to play them with both teams having new coaches.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,471
  • Days Won:  25

On 5/6/2023 at 3:22 PM, belgianbull said:

True, it feels like we never could stop that triple option flexbone offense. Even when we beat them that last time when we were good and they were ranked they put up a ton of points against us (2016). 

The question will be with their new coach if they will still run the same offense. I guess its a good time to play them with both teams having new coaches.

Their “new” coach has been there for 4 years, so my guess is they will be pretty much the same.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 5/5/2023 at 9:49 PM, Friscobull said:

If we are 1-4 I am done, not that it matters in the grand scheme and nothing we have done would warrant us to be any better but eventually all of us have our limits.  We need to go out and beat somebody soon or what is the ******* point.

Hey man, I'm a supreme optimist in most cases. I'm just saying if you go in expecting 1-4, then you can be delighted when we actually go 2-5! 100 percent better than your expectations going in!

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

WKU comes down to how much progress BB has made over the off season. We cannot realistically hope to stop Austin Reed and the air raid barring immense defensive improvement. Every team that beat them last year with the exception of Auburn did so in a shoot-out where they scored 30+ points. I would have like last year's offense to pull this off better. The weird outlier was UAB-they held them to 20 points but forced WKU to play from behind all game, forcing the Hilltoppers to win the game in the 4th quarter. 

If you can force turnovers that will help too. Reed did throw 11 INTs in 12 games which isn't a whole lot given he had 602 attempts last year-basically 1 every 54 attempts. 

Their defense was average which gives me some hope-61st in run game, 85th against the pass. I think the key will be to jump out to an early lead and use the run game to keep the offense off the field. I do think WKU is plenty beatable.