• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tchewa commits to Georgia

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

He was talking about Golesh and our recent hoops hire, for CJS to be his first choice says it all,

I know ..... he was talking about how neither was MK's 1st choice. My point was CJS WAS his 1st choice and we see how that turned out. Maybe the key will be not getting the 1st choice. I'm assuming plenty of non 1st choices have worked out throughout sports besides Stan out so maybe this is the charm.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Maybe the key will be not getting the 1st choice.

That would certainly indicate something.  :roflmao:

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Maybe the key will be not getting the 1st choice.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

That would certainly indicate something.  :roflmao:

Exactly. When Golesh turns things around and gets hired away, MK's 1st choice should be Nick Saban or Kirby Smart ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

I pray Golesh gets hired away. Only 2 options for us is he does well and gets a better job, or he fails and gets fired and collects millions from us while sittin on his couch. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

I know ..... he was talking about how neither was MK's 1st choice. My point was CJS WAS his 1st choice and we see how that turned out. Maybe the key will be not getting the 1st choice. I'm assuming plenty of non 1st choices have worked out throughout sports besides Stan out so maybe this is the charm.

If this is true then we probably need a new AD, and if it is not we still probably need a new AD. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

20 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I think I agree. Over the years I have usually been excited about new hires, but lately this hasn't been the case. Taggart, Holtz, and Heath were all great hires to me, but ever since Antigua and then Strong and Scott I feel we have missed the mark. Again with the two new hires I feel we could have gone bigger,  with a more splashy type hire. 

But that is just my feeling. I clearly was wrong about Holtz, and Golesh and Rahim can work out for us. My biggest worry with Kelly is he doesn't seem to be able to hire the people he wants. Its clear that Rahim was at best third choice, and I suspect the same was true with Golesh.

Hoping these hires work out since I am tired of the losing.

Strong was a "splash" hire, you could argue CJS, as a Co-OC from a championship program, was a "splash" hire. I'm good without the "splash" if it means we got the right fit. I like what I've heard from Golesh so far, but we obviously have no clue yet how it will work out on the field.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, GoBulls84 said:

Strong was a "splash" hire, you could argue CJS, as a Co-OC from a championship program, was a "splash" hire. I'm good without the "splash" if it means we got the right fit. I like what I've heard from Golesh so far, but we obviously have no clue yet how it will work out on the field.

I disagree that Strong and CJS were splash hires. Strong would have been a splash hire if we hired him away from Louisville after he had some success there, but not after he ended up being a massive and historic failure at Texas. If he couldn't find success and built a team at Texas there is no way he was going to do it at USF. CJS had no  HC coaching experience, and the word Co is an operative word when it came to his role at Clemson. Did he even call plays there? Either way he was anything but splashy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

21 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I disagree that Strong and CJS were splash hires. Strong would have been a splash hire if we hired him away from Louisville after he had some success there, but not after he ended up being a massive and historic failure at Texas. If he couldn't find success and built a team at Texas there is no way he was going to do it at USF. CJS had no  HC coaching experience, and the word Co is an operative word when it came to his role at Clemson. Did he even call plays there? Either way he was anything but splashy.

they were both splashy hires, both got plenty of praise from the national media. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

43 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

they were both splashy hires, both got plenty of praise from the national media. 

Both ended up being belly flops by a 350 pounder from the highest diving board at your local Olympic pool

4 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Do we need to pull out our USF Football History Books again ......

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

What the **** is a "splashy hire" anyway .....?