• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tchewa commits to Georgia

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, Rizman said:

Then why did they not play better?

That's why last season was so disappointing and why Gregory deserved to be fired. The talent was there for 20 wins and a NIT run. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

There is no guard on last year's roster that is as good as Youngblood; and it is not even close. And Placer is just as good, if not better, in my opinion, as Harris. 

I watched enough last season to know this statement is not only wrong but borderline ridiculous and I guess meant to be provocative but in no way serious. Harris was way more valuable and I am not sure if you are simply trying to be the Gatorbull of hoops but if so then you are off to a fine start. 

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  770
  • Days Won:  2

43 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I watched enough last season to know this statement is not only wrong but borderline ridiculous and I guess meant to be provocative but in no way serious. Harris was way more valuable and I am not sure if you are simply trying to be the Gatorbull of hoops but if so then you are off to a fine start. 

The only team in college hoops that I am a fan of is USF. I have been following since 1982, and in more ways than you know. So, you can stop with your speculations. Can people who love the same team not just have different opinions? Why does it have to be that when there is a difference of opinion, it has to be because the person is a troll or trying to cause problems?

When you say that my statement is wrong, I take it that you are referring to the statement about Youngblood. I did not say that Harris was not valuable; you are talking about value and I am talking about who is the better guard. Sure, you have seen enough USF games, but have you seen enough of Youngblood's games, or even Placer's games?

I don't know if you are one of the people who think CAAR was a bad hire; but I think many people will be pleasantly surprised.

12 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

The only team in college hoops that I am a fan of is USF. I have been following since 1982, and in more ways than you know. So, you can stop with your speculations. Can people who love the same team not just have different opinions? Why does it have to be that when there is a difference of opinion, it has to be because the person is a troll or trying to cause problems?

When you say that my statement is wrong, I take it that you are referring to the statement about Youngblood. I did not say that Harris was not valuable; you are talking about value and I am talking about who is the better guard. Sure, you have seen enough USF games, but have you seen enough of Youngblood's games, or even Placer's games?

I don't know if you are one of the people who think CAAR was a bad hire; but I think many people will be pleasantly surprised.

I simply find it incredibly hard to believe we have one guard better than Harris let alone two.  Harris was the sole reason we could compete with anyone last season.  I am not sure you are giving Harris the proper credit for how good he was. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, on the surface your opinion appears outlandish, however I would love for you to be right. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

13 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Just try to stop having to slay the messenger along with the message.  Unless you're for groupthink and use of only approved language, stop having to chime in on fellow board members.  Ask a question on topic instead of dropping an insult on the person and whoever else you feel like.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I watched enough last season to know this statement is not only wrong but borderline ridiculous and I guess meant to be provocative but in no way serious. Harris was way more valuable

Saw that post and decided to stop engaging. It is as far out there as the people predicting we would win 10 football games last year. I'll be there for both football and basketball as I still I have season tixs for both. 

Put me in the camp of thinking both of those programs picked the wrong guy to lead them. 100% hope I am wrong. I typically am excited about a new hire. I have been wrong there. The only guy I completely hated (just as much as now) was Orlando Antigua. I rang the alarm bells from day 1 and had plenty of people on this board tell me how he was going to turn the program around. 

Still a little bit of time before the portal closes. Hope MBB pulls a rabbit out of the hat. At this point without major upgrades, I see us as worse than we were last year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

5 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Saw that post and decided to stop engaging. It is as far out there as the people predicting we would win 10 football games last year. I'll be there for both football and basketball as I still I have season tixs for both. 

Put me in the camp of thinking both of those programs picked the wrong guy to lead them. 100% hope I am wrong. I typically am excited about a new hire. I have been wrong there. The only guy I completely hated (just as much as now) was Orlando Antigua. I rang the alarm bells from day 1 and had plenty of people on this board tell me how he was going to turn the program around. 

Still a little bit of time before the portal closes. Hope MBB pulls a rabbit out of the hat. At this point without major upgrades, I see us as worse than we were last year.

I think I agree. Over the years I have usually been excited about new hires, but lately this hasn't been the case. Taggart, Holtz, and Heath were all great hires to me, but ever since Antigua and then Strong and Scott I feel we have missed the mark. Again with the two new hires I feel we could have gone bigger,  with a more splashy type hire. 

But that is just my feeling. I clearly was wrong about Holtz, and Golesh and Rahim can work out for us. My biggest worry with Kelly is he doesn't seem to be able to hire the people he wants. Its clear that Rahim was at best third choice, and I suspect the same was true with Golesh.

Hoping these hires work out since I am tired of the losing.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

4 hours ago, belgianbull said:

But that is just my feeling. I clearly was wrong about Holtz, and Golesh and Rahim can work out for us. My biggest worry with Kelly is he doesn't seem to be able to hire the people he wants. Its clear that Rahim was at best third choice, and I suspect the same was true with Golesh.

Hoping these hires work out since I am tired of the losing.

100% agree. Also very obvious neither was his 1st choice. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

40 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

100% agree. Also very obvious neither was his 1st choice. 

From all indications CJS WAS his 1st choice so we'll see how this plays out ....... Stan wasn't the first choice either. Personally, I don't think what "choice" someone was matters all that much. It's either the right hire or it's not. Time will tell.

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

From all indications CJS WAS his 1st choice so we'll see how this plays out ....... Stan wasn't the first choice either. Personally, I don't think what "choice" someone was matters all that much. It's either the right hire or it's not. Time will tell.

He was talking about Golesh and our recent hoops hire, for CJS to be his first choice says it all, the guy had no business running anything but maybe a Circle K.  I am luke warm on Golesh and thumbs down on our hoops hire (difficult name to remember for an apathetic fan).