• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tchewa commits to Georgia

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Why would he recruit our players if he has his own players that he wishes to recruit?

well he let some talent get away. Only works if he makes upgrades. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  769
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/2/2023 at 11:24 AM, Mike Stuben said:

Mostly agree with this. 

From last year I had 6 players who could come back, that I really wanted to see back. 3/6 are coming back. (so yes, all 3 that stayed were in that category for me) .... Russell, Jamir, and Ryan were the other three. 

No offense to anyone else, would have welcomed them all back. 

Jamir and Ryan knew they would see less playing time knowing that the new coach was bringing 3 of his guards; so, they opted for more playing time by transferring. 

3 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

well he let some talent get away. Only works if he makes upgrades. 

I think the roster is already significantly upgraded.

7 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I think the roster is already significantly upgraded.

I would disagree. the 2022-2023 Team was much more talented than what we have now. That could change. 

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,303
  • Days Won:  10

13 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I would disagree. the 2022-2023 Team was much more talented than what we have now. That could change. 

Then why did they not play better?

1 minute ago, Rizman said:

who is to say they are worse than the 2023-2024 team will be? 

I would suggest that we are likely to be worse next year than we were last year.

2 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Moving on from Gregory (who I am a fan of) was the right move. 

Sometimes you make a hire and we are much worse of than the guy we replaced. 

ie. Orlando Antigua whom I also thought was a god awful hire at the time.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:48 AM, michibull said:

I’ve noticed that a lot of our players that transfer go on to P5 schools. Was CBG that bad? Seems like we had plenty of “P5” talent that couldn’t win in the AAC…..

Of course we had P5 talent! We had Corey Walker, a former 4* recruit, getting limited minutes. He started against the Bearcats and dropped an easy 25 points. Despite 4" shorter than Tchewa, he was the best big defender and shot-blocker on the team. If he were starting in place of Tchewa or even in place of someone else, there is no doubt that his points and rebounds per game would have been than Tchewa's. There is no way that Walker is not starting with that roster if I am the coach.

In another post, I mentioned the talent that we had here and left under Gregory. To name a few, Xavier Castaneda led his conference in scoring this year, finishing 11th in the country. BJ Mack was one of the most sought after power forwards in the portal this year and chose South Carolina. He averaged 16 pts per game, 80% from FT, and about 40% from long distance the past two years. Another forward, Jalyn McCreary, led his team in scoring, which was 50% more than the next highest scorer.

So yes, we've had talent here under Gregory; they just didn't get the playing time.

22 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

There is no guard on last year's roster that is as good as Youngblood; and it is not even close. And Placer is just as good, if not better, in my opinion, as Harris. There is no one on last year's roster as good as Kasean Pryor, and it is not even close. And Tobiloba is already an upgrade defensively, and will probably develop into a better offensive weapon than Tchewa.

31 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Of course we had P5 talent! We had Corey Walker, a former 4* recruit, getting limited minutes. He started against the Bearcats and dropped an easy 25 points. Despite 4" shorter than Tchewa, he was the best big defender and shot-blocker on the team. If he were starting in place of Tchewa or even in place of someone else, there is no doubt that his points and rebounds per game would have been than Tchewa's. There is no way that Walker is not starting with that roster if I am the coach.

In another post, I mentioned the talent that we had here and left under Gregory. To name a few, Xavier Castaneda led his conference in scoring this year, finishing 11th in the country. BJ Mack was one of the most sought after power forwards in the portal this year and chose South Carolina. He averaged 16 pts per game, 80% from FT, and about 40% from long distance the past two years. Another forward, Jalyn McCreary, led his team in scoring, which was 50% more than the next highest scorer.

So yes, we've had talent here under Gregory; they just didn't get the playing time.

This is what we had: