• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hoops roster-builder thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

Has Oliver been officially recognized as joining the staff yet? I know it was reported but can't find anything from USF on it yet ...... of course, could be just missing it.

Heard that the new coach wants to announce the staff all at once.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Added Kasean Pryor 6’10 200 First team JUCO, didn’t do much at Boise before blowing up at NWFla CC. Had offers from NCST and St John’s 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

13 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Added Kasean Pryor 6’10 200 First team JUCO, didn’t do much at Boise before blowing up at NWFla CC. Had offers from NCST and St John’s 

sounds solid.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

6'10 point guard? 🤔 😎 Let's do this!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

6'10 point guard? 🤔 😎 Let's do this!

He does have passing skills but will probably play Small Forward for the Bulls.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

39 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Heard that the new coach wants to announce the staff all at once.

Thank you, sir. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Interesting note: His Dad, Sean, played at Oregon State and is on the staff at Grand Canyon - where we're involved with transfer Kobe Knox.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

All fair points you are making, and we are all hoping that coach Rahim can bring similar players that are under the radar to USF, and get us to the NCAA tournament. Disagree though with you on Tchewa; any player who can get you double digit points, and 8 rebounds a game can be a great asset to the team.

Still though when you look nationally and in conference there is still a positive correlation with highly rated recruits and winning. FAU and North Texas are exceptions, and maybe when it comes to those programs it comes down to the coaches. Hope coach Rahim can be our own Dusty May.

However, we will all see how it plays out this upcoming season, and am hoping for the best. I expect 12 wins minimum.

The key word in your statement about Tchewa is "can." Double digit points and 8 rebounds per game has to be looked at in context. Did the player with those numbers average 8 turnovers per game? Tchewa could not block or alter shots. He was perhaps the worst in the country for someone his height. More than 1000 players shorter than he had more blocks per game. If you are that weak defensively, you are a liability to your team because you are giving the other team many more offensive opportunities than most teams allow. How many close losses could have been wins if Tchewa were able to block or alter 3-5 more shots per game? I got fed up watching games where 6'4" guards would drive to the basket or pull down a rebound and go back up with it and he made no attempt to block the shot. Is there any other reason why he has been in the portal this long and not picked up? Look at these numbers from his own team:

Tchewa: 942 minutes - 8 blocks

Bogs: 117 minutes - 4 blocks

Muordar: 80 minutes - 5 blocks

Walker: 456 minutes - 21 blocks

Hines: 835 minutes - 19 blocks

Chaplin: 705 minutes - 7 blocks

The other 5 players mentioned were much better at shot-blocking than Tchewa. Are you telling me that Muordar would not have been able to better Tchewa's points and rebounds numbers were he given the playing time that Tchewa got? For sure he would have put up huge numbers in the blocks category. I do not understand the overabundance of love so many fans have for Tchewa. He is a defensive liability; and my guess is that he would have already committed to another team if he had managed to have at least 2 blocks per game to his stat line.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

sounds solid.

He is very solid! And people bashed me last week for posting that he was committed. Sure, he posted "not committed;" however, I don't see how he would respond the way he did. He visited other schools and did not post anything about them. 

In any event, he will be a game changer!! Will be one of the most exciting players in USF history.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

He is very solid! And people bashed me last week for posting that he was committed. Sure, he posted "not committed;" however, I don't see how he would respond the way he did. He visited other schools and did not post anything about them. 

In any event, he will be a game changer!! Will be one of the most exciting players in USF history.

Not sure I'd call what happened a bashing but, no matter how you want to spin it, bottom line he had not committed publicly at that point and that's what we go by ......... but am glad he finally did. A 6' 10" pg is pretty **** intriguing.