• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach AAR's staff (Player transfer discussion)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

34 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

When I saw AAR...I was like huh? LOL I'm not naming out the letters when I speak his name, I shall call him " Coach aaaaargh"

christopher walken television GIF

It’s too bad he’s not an actual real life pirate. Would be our first pirate coach, minus Skippy. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,709
  • Days Won:  424

8 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Trey Moss entered the portal.

Jake Boggs, Keyshawn Bryant, Mark Calleja, Jamir Chaplin, Tyler Harris and Serrel Smith Jr. all participated in senior night so don't expect any of them back

Didn't know Moss had officially entered the portal. He checked out months ago .... and I believe Chaplin and Boggs both have another year of eligibility, whether they utilize it here or not.

Interesting thoughts on the portal from CAAR from his talk to the team yesterday ....

I love the transfer portal for players. Because I think if you guys are in a place where you're not appreciated, not loved and not being developed, you should be able to have options. The part I don't like about it, though, is it gives you guys an excuse when things get hard. It gives you an out.

"Guys, one thing I learned over 42 years of growing, coaching and playing is you've got to be able to stick things out. You've got to have character through adversity. Because when you become successful, that's an even more important way to get that character, even more important than (getting it through) prosperity.''

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,168
  • Days Won:  56

I feel a little bad for Kennesaw. They will literally be starting their program over from scratch following the best season in their history.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Chaplin is the guy on the roster I was counting. Okay

Chaplin was planning to come back, not sure if the coaching change will impact that. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Didn't know Moss had officially entered the portal. He checked out months ago .... and I believe Chaplin and Boggs both have another year of eligibility, whether they utilize it here or not.

Interesting thoughts on the portal from CAAR from his talk to the team yesterday ....

I love the transfer portal for players. Because I think if you guys are in a place where you're not appreciated, not loved and not being developed, you should be able to have options. The part I don't like about it, though, is it gives you guys an excuse when things get hard. It gives you an out.

"Guys, one thing I learned over 42 years of growing, coaching and playing is you've got to be able to stick things out. You've got to have character through adversity. Because when you become successful, that's an even more important way to get that character, even more important than (getting it through) prosperity.''

Moss redshirted this year, but was still at all the games on the bench, so I give him credit for staying involved. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,365
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, bulloni said:

Good sign. These guys could play at P5 schools, they must love their coach

How did you make that leap?

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Would like to try and keep Conwell, Miguel, Tchewa, Hines, and Walker. 

would like chaplin and Dok to stay as well

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,168
  • Days Won:  56

Five guys at VCU entered the portal the day Odom was named coach. And they had two others already in the portal.

Edited by Dave_Glaser