• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board passes $22M for stadium design

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, michibull said:

Regardless of the cost for the OCS, USF needs to be prepared to offer single game tix at a discounted rate until we start winning again. We need butts in the seats to build the fan base back and regardless of the shiny new toy, nobody wants to pay $100/ticket to watch a 2 win team. This is an investment so we need to keep it as cheap as financially possible. Students should be able to get in for $10, need the students to show up big and get them hooked again. We can make some of the money back in concessions (but keep family value in mind). 

I'm sure they'll have plenty of "value/family" tickets but this is going to be the time for those griping all these years about an ocs to put up and not start with the excuses ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You may need a better imagination.

I have a very vivid imagination. Given that we're hoping to get on one of the last lifeboats off the G5 Titanic, and knowing how much this has been desired for years, there's no way they c---tease us this far down the line just to go "Ope, well turns out we don't have the money for it! Sorry guys!"

Edited by GoBulls84

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I have a very vivid imagination. Given that we're hoping to get on one of the last lifeboats off the G5 Titanic, and knowing how much this has been desired for years, there's no way they c---tease us this far down the line just to go "Ope, well turns out we don't have the money for it! Sorry guys!"

I don't think that will happen. My fear is that they will go the cheap route and built something similar to FAU. If that's the case I would rather have them wait a few more years, raise the money, and built it right.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

11 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't think that will happen. My fear is that they will go the cheap route and built something similar to FAU. If that's the case I would rather have them wait a few more years, raise the money, and built it right.

No way they spend 22 million on the design phase then build a stadium that would have just cost 2-3 times that

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

14 minutes ago, bulloni said:

No way they spend 22 million on the design phase then build a stadium that would have just cost 2-3 times that

That was my thought too. I was going to look up the average design and build phase % of total cost, but lost my focus.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

That was my thought too. I was going to look up the average design and build phase % of total cost, but lost my focus.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, michibull said:

Regardless of the cost for the OCS, USF needs to be prepared to offer single game tix at a discounted rate until we start winning again. We need butts in the seats to build the fan base back and regardless of the shiny new toy, nobody wants to pay $100/ticket to watch a 2 win team. This is an investment so we need to keep it as cheap as financially possible. Students should be able to get in for $10, need the students to show up big and get them hooked again. We can make some of the money back in concessions (but keep family value in mind). 

Aren’t students free? And aside from that I will respectfully disagree. This is the time to rally and support. Demand will be there at least in the beginning. So people need to should pay if they are going to build it 

1 minute ago, jjlovecub said:

Aren’t students free? And aside from that I will respectfully disagree. This is the time to rally and support. Demand will be there at least in the beginning. So people need to should pay if they are going to build it 

One more reason to built it a little bit bigger. Perhaps 45,000 capacity.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

One more reason to built it a little bit bigger. Perhaps 45,000 capacity.

No you build 35k packed it and build the demand. The demand for season tickets goes up, value of tickets go up. Start a sign up list for future tickets and stadium expansion. We are now in era where bigger stadiums are not as practical 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

No you build 35k packed it and build the demand. The demand for season tickets goes up, value of tickets go up. Start a sign up list for future tickets and stadium expansion. We are now in era where bigger stadiums are not as practical 

I don't necessarily disagree with that. The reason I suggested 45,000 is that a lot of people who have been season ticketholders for years are afraid to be priced out.