• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This deserves its own thread . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I neither wallow or am masochistic.  In reality, I find myself caring less and less whether USF wins or loses.  It has no bearing on my life so why should I care.  I kept my football tickets for next year so we’ll see how it goes.  If next season reeks of Jeff Scott, I may fully disconnect.

I don't think most fans care because it has a bearing on their life, they just care as a fan ............ but for some, there obviously can come a point of disconnect.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,448
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I don't think most fans care because it has a bearing on their life, they just care as a fan ............ but for some, there obviously can come a point of disconnect.

I think there is a difference between a disconnect and some mental health distancing.  I used to pour an awful lot of my time, treasure, efforts and emotion into supporting Bulls' athletics.  There comes a time, and circumstances, in which it makes sense to just take a step back.  I still love and care about the Bulls but can no longer be the enabler I once was.  It's time for them to make it on their own while I cheer them on more passively from the cheap seats.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I think there is a difference between a disconnect and some mental health distancing.  I used to pour an awful lot of my time, treasure, efforts and emotion into supporting Bulls' athletics.  There comes a time, and circumstances, in which it makes sense to just take a step back.  I still love and care about the Bulls but can no longer be the enabler I once was.  It's time for them to make it on their own while I cheer them on more passively from the cheap seats.

This pretty much lines up with where I'm at with USF athletics

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Totally get that. Everybody has their own different thresholds when it comes to this stuff ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Usf has always stunk at athletics and probably always will. We just have to accept that and move on. 

• Haha 1
  • Me no likey 1