• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This deserves its own thread . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

Wait, all of our major sports are some of the worst in the country for several seasons now?

If only there was some sort of administrative individual who should be held responsible for all this failure who maybe we should part ways with. Maybe someone who not only hires failures and inexperienced coaches but also extends them for failing with even more money. 

If only…

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,489
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

Wait, all of our major sports are some of the worst in the country for several seasons now?

If only there was some sort of administrative individual who should be held responsible for all this failure who maybe we should part ways with. Maybe someone who not only hires failures and inexperienced coaches but also extends them for failing with even more money. 

If only…

Well there is but he extended everyone because he values stability over winning.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  956
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, olafberserker said:

I was going to let it go and chalk it up to the poster's frustration.   The pitch before he took strike 3 was terrible and should have been ball 4.   I think he just got froze by the fast ball on strike 3 looking for something else.  He also had an RBI single in the 8th and a deep fly to center earlier along with a BB.   He's been one of our best hitters for the past few years.

He maybe one of our best hitters, and he may have been looking for another pitch, but given the situation, you can NOT go down looking. We teach our kids that you don’t go to bat looking to get on base, you go up there to get hits and do damage. With the game on the line, you have to swing, you can’t leave it up to the umpire. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

If only…

Sure not a good record so far, but I would give it 2 years to see if it can be turned around.

1) lets see how the Golesh hire works out for us. We should know two years from now whether the hire is a bad one, an average one, or a good one. Kelly needs the hire to be a good one. We have to be in a bowl game in year 2.

2) he has a huge decision to make in the next week or so when it comes to Gregory. If he decides to keep Gregory and next year we see no progress compared to this year; there will be a feeling that the move should have been made a long time ago, and that we just wasted 3 years.

3)Lets see where we are at two years from now when it comes to the OCS. I would hope that in two years construction will already have started.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

14 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Sure not a good record so far, but I would give it 2 years to see if it can be turned around.

1) lets see how the Golesh hire works out for us. We should know two years from now whether the hire is a bad one, an average one, or a good one. Kelly needs the hire to be a good one. We have to be in a bowl game in year 2.

2) he has a huge decision to make in the next week or so when it comes to Gregory. If he decides to keep Gregory and next year we see no progress compared to this year; there will be a feeling that the move should have been made a long time ago, and that we just wasted 3 years.

3)Lets see where we are at two years from now when it comes to the OCS. I would hope that in two years construction will already have started.

Unless BG pulls another Tyler Harris out of the portal, we all know where we're headed. The offense will go back to struggling, not only because of the points Harris gave us, but because of the attention other teams had to give him. Without that factor, we go back to scoring 60 a game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

That’s me, Mr. Wallower. Actually wasn’t really wallowing, just honestly pointing out a historic “opportunity” for our baseball program to join football and men’s basketball. OK, maybe wallowing, but is there some pending transition happening that I don’t see? Baseball continues to struggle. Men’s hoops is getting ready to lose it’s only real impact player, and football? Who the hell really knows? I’m the definition of Bulls diehard, so I’ll still be there through it all, but just give me some sign that there’s light at the end of this tunnel.

First just to clarify, this has nothing to do with questioning fandom ........ just don't get the psychological reasoning behind this. Baseball is just a few years removed from a Super Regional. Basketball is a decade removed from anything close to that and football has never been there ....... and the baseball season is just getting underway. Just don't get the reasoning at this point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

15 hours ago, Brad said:
  •  
  • (of a person) indulge in an unrestrained way in (something that creates a pleasurable sensation).

I think wallow fits here even more perfectly after reading that. There is obviously some of the below going on .....

mas·och·ism
noun
noun: masochism
  1. the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from one's own pain or humiliation.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Unless BG pulls another Tyler Harris out of the portal, we all know where we're headed. The offense will go back to struggling, not only because of the points Harris gave us, but because of the attention other teams had to give him. Without that factor, we go back to scoring 60 a game.

I agree that that is the most likely outcome. He hit the jackpot with Tyler Harris. The idea that even with Harris on our team we are still 3 games under .500; maybe 4 after the week is over, is not reassuring. If anything this should have been the year to have made it to the NIT.

Verry little that convinces me that next year without Harris that  we will be improved compared to this year

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think wallow fits here even more perfectly after reading that. There is obviously some of the below going on .....

mas·och·ism
noun
noun: masochism
  1. the tendency to derive pleasure, especially sexual gratification, from one's own pain or humiliation.

I neither wallow or am masochistic.  In reality, I find myself caring less and less whether USF wins or loses.  It has no bearing on my life so why should I care.  I kept my football tickets for next year so we’ll see how it goes.  If next season reeks of Jeff Scott, I may fully disconnect.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

6 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

If only…

Just imagine how much further we would have fallen without the great leadership of VPMK! I mean sure every year since he has been here has been a race to the bottom, our major sports are on historic failure streaks, he has never lead any program before much less successfully, his personnel decisions are on their best day questionable, he had to fire his only guy for gross incompetence when they had been in lock step and sharing a vision of his plan according to both of them, he can’t get any buzz around expansion or even the city for that matter and he is continuing to spend other people’s money on long term projects that extend his reign of failure even though they have lead to absolutely no results of value,  but he shakes hands and is nice to people and you really can’t put I price tag on that! 

• Upvote 1