• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Turning the corner?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

9 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Unfortunately, we lose Harris, our main offensive weapon and ball-handler.  Unless we get another transfer to replace, we'll be back to the low scoring, grind it out defensive games. 

Although not the same flashy type player as Harris, Conwell has a chance to become something special. If we keep the core, eligible guys around next year, upgrade a bit with transfers for the several we'll possibly lose (Moss, Boggs, Patrick) and the hs signees can contribute, whoever's coaching next year will have stuff to work with ....... and I don't mind low scoring, grind it out defensive games as long as we're winning them.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

whoever's coaching next year will have stuff to work with

🤔

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Although not the same flashy type player as Harris, Conwell has a chance to become something special. If we keep the core, eligible guys around next year, upgrade a bit with transfers for the several we'll possibly lose (Moss, Boggs, Patrick) and the hs signees can contribute, whoever's coaching next year will have stuff to work with ....... and I don't mind low scoring, grind it out defensive games as long as we're winning them.

Agreed with that. I don't care how we win; as long as we win. Those two years under Heath when we made it in the 3rd round of the NCAAT, and NIT, we grinded out a lot of wins against superb competition, playing slow , low scoring defensive games.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Too little, maybe way too late 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

10 hours ago, Brad said:

Inflation is worse than reported.  

those 2 Benjamin's will buy you a hot dog and a beer.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Give me that 2012 low scoring Stan Heath team any day of the week. What a magical season that was. 

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

40 minutes ago, belgianbull said:
51 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Agreed with that. I don't care how we win; as long as we win. Those two years under Heath when we made it in the 3rd round of the NCAAT, and NIT, we grinded out a lot of wins against superb competition, playing slow , low scoring defensive games

14 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Give me that 2012 low scoring Stan Heath team any day of the week. What a magical season that was. 

I like watching that team fight and compete and frustrate other teams and their coaches.  As I recall, Rick Pitino likened playing that Bulls team to having dental surgery.  Now getting us getting a win with any style of play is a bit like pulling teeth.  

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

I haven't looked at matchups for the AAC tourney, just my natural desire to see USF as high as possible in the standings. 

Unfortunately I don't think we can pass the shockers even with a win, they would own the tiebreaker

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

How much does it matter finishing 6th rather than 7th?

My guess is it means as a 7 we would get Memphis in the 2nd round and as a 6th Tulane.  We should win over SMU or Tulsa in the first round either way.   Biggest thing is to get out of that 8/9 so we don't have to play Houston in round 2 if we win round 1

12 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Unfortunately I don't think we can pass the shockers even with a win, they would own the tiebreaker

Even if we beat them?

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408

Head to head would be a puxh next tiebreaker iw win vs higher finishing opponent in conference.  our best win would be WSU...they beat Tulane and Temple I believe