• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good Road Win For Men’s Hoops on ESPN2 Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

At this point last year we were 6-12 with 10 double digit losses. This year, 8-10 with 1 double digit loss.

Man, we're in year 6 ... losing by less doesn't cut it

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

Man, we're in year 6 ... losing by less doesn't cut it

You asked for progress up to this point and you got it ..... but nothing really matters until the season plays out.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

I believe this team is good.  Maybe one of the best teams we've had in a long time from what I've seen.  I felt early in the season we had talent but it just didn't gel at all.  The team was clunky and it cost us some early season losses that otherwise would have / should have been wins.  Maybe I'm overlooking something but I don't really blame that on CBG.  I have coached 24 seasons in 2 sports at multiple levels and I've had issues with teams coming together and then something clicks.  I feel like that has happened here.  I think I have a wait and see mentality.  I do agree that if we lay an egg the rest of the season CBG should pay the price for that because we definitely have the players to succeed.  The UC game will tell us a lot.  Go Bulls,

Edited by OhioBull
  • Upvote 2

1 - 4 in conference and blew a 14 point lead to Wichita State a week ago.  That's not a team gelling issue and it isn't a new issue.  I agree that this team is talented, which makes it all the worse for CBG.  Now if we do figure out a way to go .500 in the conference, then we have something to talk about.   Until then:

The Office Thumbs Down GIF

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

Let's see what happens for the rest of the season  and I do understand the point that there is some progress compared to last year. And I agree that if he gets us to .500 then probably you give him another year.

However, all this as a fan is very frustrating that in year 6 we are only still just talking about maybe being at .500. As a fan base we need to have better expectations then that. But I guess it is what it is.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Let's see what happens for the rest of the season  and I do understand the point that there is some progress compared to last year. And I agree that if he gets us to .500 then probably you give him another year.

However, all this as a fan is very frustrating that in year 6 we are only still just talking about maybe being at .500. As a fan base we need to have better expectations then that. But I guess it is what it is.

Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

So what are we making of tonight? Unless Cincy somehow cools off in a big way in the second half, we’re staring at a 30-point loss.

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So what are we making of tonight? Unless Cincy somehow cools off in a big way in the second half, we’re staring at a 30-point loss.

Solved our blowing leads problem

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Barrescue Wtf GIF by Paramount Network

Just now, Bull Awakening said:

Barrescue Wtf GIF by Paramount Network

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

How Gregory still has a job is beyond me. I should have gotten into coaching. Very few other profession give you so much time to fail over and over. He would have been fired years ago at pretty much any other school. We just accept being awful. 

• Haha 1