• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good Road Win For Men’s Hoops on ESPN2 Today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,466
  • Days Won:  43

5 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

The most frustrating part of all of this is that I fully believe this is the second best team CBG has put together since he has been at USF, with the CBI champs clearly his best squad. This team should be 13-5 right now.  The close losses are terribly dejecting. I don't know the terms of CBG's buyout, but if he can get this team to finish with 7+ conference wins, I think you bring him back for one more season. He has assembled some talent and, at times, they have shown what they can do. You don't go toe-to-toe with the #1 team in the country on the road by accident. Does anyone know what the eligibility for all of the "seniors" is at this point? With COVID rules, I have no idea. 

What is frustrating to me is that USF didn’t build off the CBI championship season. We went backwards 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

21 hours ago, olafberserker said:

I don't think it should be that tough.  He's had a enough time.  Either win or we cut bait and move on

After 6 years you would think its an easy decision. Kelly will need to understand that he can't be timid at this point since if in 2 years we are still a losing program ( in football and basketball) his job may be on the line.

At some point we will have to ask what Kelly has to accomplish to keep his job, since besides an indoor training facility his record so far has been poor.  in my opinion he has 2 years to deliver the start of construction for an OCS and a complete turn around in football and basketball.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

23 hours ago, olafberserker said:

I don't think it should be that tough.  He's had a enough time.  Either win or we cut bait and move on

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

After 6 years you would think its an easy decision.

It may or may not be an easy decision depending on how the season plays out ..... I'm hoping the team makes it a tough decision.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

It may or may not be an easy decision depending on how the season plays out ..... I'm hoping the team makes it a tough decision.

yes, if Gregory is here until the end of the season; we all are hoping for a meaningful turnaround. At which point I agree the decision could be a tough one.

Important games this week against Cincy and UCF. I think we can go 1-1. Hoping we don't lose against UCF at home.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,466
  • Days Won:  43

Hopefully we see another win tonight 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, belgianbull said:

At some point we will have to ask what Kelly has to accomplish to keep his job, since besides an indoor training facility his record so far has been poor.  in my opinion he has 2 years to deliver the start of construction for an OCS and a complete turn around in football and basketball.  

You don't even need to show a full turnaround that quickly.  You need to show progress, and baseball, basketball, and football have all regressed. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

CBG isn’t going anywhere. Team is competitive and showing progress. I don’t see it happening 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,364
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

CBG isn’t going anywhere. Team is competitive and showing progress. I don’t see it happening 

What progress?

3 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

You don't even need to show a full turnaround that quickly.  You need to show progress, and baseball, basketball, and football have all regressed. 

Baseball won the regional in '21.   Not in the same boat as FB or MBB

59 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

That alone probably won't do it. I think he may need to show wins and with 13 games left there'll be plenty of opportunities to show that.

1 hour ago, OhioBull said:

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

What progress?

At this point last year we were 6-12 with 10 double digit losses. This year, 8-10 with 1 double digit loss.