• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Todd Orlando named. DC/ILB Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, 94 Bull said:

I don't see this guy as the savior DC.  But then.... he kinda fits in with the rest of the bunch.

He coaches the type of defense that will compliment our offense. If we are truly going to be a high scoring offense, then you want a defense that is aggressive and create turnovers. It's all about creating extra offensive opportunities. His resume is accomplished. He consistently fields top 50 caliber defenses, with the occasional top 20 mixed in. 

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

He coaches the type of defense that will compliment our offense. If we are truly going to be a high scoring offense, then you want a defense that is aggressive and create turnovers. It's all about creating extra offensive opportunities. His resume is accomplished. He consistently fields top 50 caliber defenses, with the occasional top 20 mixed in. 

If he is so great....why is he looking for a new job every 2 years for the past 12 years?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, 94 Bull said:

If he is so great....why is he looking for a new job every 2 years for the past 12 years?

Great question.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

5 minutes ago, 94 Bull said:

Looks like from 2011 -> 2021 he was moving up the ladder at least. Coordinators having success and getting big raises to move elsewhere isn't uncommon

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Looks like from 2011 -> 2021 he was moving up the ladder at least. Coordinators having success and getting big raises to move elsewhere isn't uncommon

So he stepped off the ladder and hit a chute?  Texas, USC, then FAU and USF?  

He's the Taggart of DC'ing.  

Edited by 94 Bull

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

22 minutes ago, 94 Bull said:

So he stepped off the ladder and hit a chute?  Texas, USC, then FAU and USF?  

He's the Taggart of DC'ing.  

All part of the plan, my man. He's been angling for the USF DC job for years. He turned down CJS originally because he wanted more say in the OCS. I have very reliable sources and am looking at a text message telling me as much.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

4 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

All part of the plan, my man. He's been angling for the USF DC job for years. He turned down CJS originally because he wanted more say in the OCS. I have very reliable sources and am looking at a text message telling me as much.

Yep, again @TheUpperHand and I have the same source on this one. I got the texts here too, its 90%, no doubt about this one. I'll PM you

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, 94 Bull said:

Because head coaches get fired and their coordinators do as well. He went from Houston to Texas with Herman. He was at UCONN for 12 years. The only bouncing around he has done recently was at the end of Herman's tenure and when USC brought in a new coach. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

21 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Because head coaches get fired and their coordinators do as well. He went from Houston to Texas with Herman. He was at UCONN for 12 years. The only bouncing around he has done recently was at the end of Herman's tenure and when USC brought in a new coach. 

His first game against USF as DC at UConn? Voodoo five. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, 94 Bull said:

Uh Oh Wrestling GIF by WWE

• Haha 1