• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

4 - 26

I am with you on scott evaluating, recruiting,  and developing talent. We recruited in the seventies in average finished in the 120s.  Many of Scott's recruits are gone via transfer.  We had really bad player development ,position coaching on defense, and strength and conditioning development under Scott. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

11 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Looks like we landed a big OT from Texas

Drew Perez 6’8 330

De-commit from Colorado. Deion probably pulled the offer. Getting a little worried that none of the commits are on defense - to repair the worst defense I have ever seen.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

15 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

4 - 26

I get that sentiment, but it sure doesn't mean any of the kids Golesh is signing are going to be any good or any better than the ones Scott signed. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

13 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

De-commit from Colorado. Deion probably pulled the offer. Getting a little worried that none of the commits are on defense - to repair the worst defense I have ever seen.

Been saying that for a long time. Let’s hope some come thru soon

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

With adding Perez - if we hit on the 3 remaining rumored recruits we have the potential to have a top 50 class. Pretty good result for this staff with just a few months into the job, coming off a 1 win season. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

20 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:
36 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

4 - 26

I get that sentiment, but it sure doesn't mean any of the kids Golesh is signing are going to be any good or any better than the ones Scott signed. We shall see.

Sounds so much like just about every election ever.  We can only hold on to the hope that comes with change.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

With adding Perez - if we hit on the 3 remaining rumored recruits we have the potential to have a top 50 class. Pretty good result for this staff with just a few months into the job, coming off a 1 win season. 

Depends. Right now our ratings are low since only 11 of our recruits are included in rankings, none of our transfers are. That’s on 247. Most of the Power schools and others like SMU have their transfers rebranded and counted.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

I don't think we will be anywhere close to top 50. Recruiting sites have us in the mid 90's. That takes into account only high school commits. When it comes to transfer portal players most are unproven 2nd or 3rd stringers who had verry little playing time at their former teams.

The recruiting so far is certainly not bad considering we have been one of the worst teams in the country, but its certainly not great either; and so far its about the same or down a little compared to Scott in the last 2 years, especially if you take into account players we lost in transfer portal.

Now I do think that Coach Golesh will be better at coaching these guys up than our last coach.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't think we will be anywhere close to top 50. Recruiting sites have us in the mid 90's. That takes into account only high school commits. When it comes to transfer portal players most are unproven 2nd or 3rd stringers who had verry little playing time at their former teams.

The recruiting so far is certainly not bad considering we have been one of the worst teams in the country, but its certainly not great either; and so far its about the same or down a little compared to Scott in the last 2 years, especially if you take into account players we lost in transfer portal.

Now I do think that Coach Golesh will be better at coaching these guys up than our last coach.

Obviously all these sites with scores and rankings are just guessing and it means nothing until you see them play on the field. I got my numbers from https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Season/2023-Football/ClassCalculator/ adding in the expected/hoped recruits getting to 207.41, which would put us in the top 50, assuming nobody else improved too. 

It would be interesting to see scores netted out with portal losses, since this is the new reality of college football.