• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I agree. Still a lot of recruiting to be done. impressed by what he did in his first two weeks. Today is not the end of recruiting for next year. I expect more additions through the transfer portal over the next several months.

He keeps saying there are some guys that won't sign until Feb.  I guess we can hope this is a deluge of DTs and whatnot.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

27 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We lost 5 DTs to graduation - Yates, Grant, Sease, Harford, and Jbril Glaze. I mean I've been crying about getting a 300Ib+ DT for the past 3 years. The portal is FULL of good DT's. Today is not over so I'll be patient. 

Who remains -

Nick Bags DL 293
Rashad Cheney DL 285
Jacquez Williams DL 293
Jhalin Hobbs DL 291
Danny Gonzalez (PWO) DT 264
Colby Smith (PWO) DT 269

Yates and Hansford were DEs that were forced to play DT. How much did the other 3 guys even play. I don’t remember hearing their names ever. We still have 4 guys in the 290 range to fill 2 DT spots, plus the High School DT we brought in. It’s not optimal but there a base to work with if one or 2 more are added later before fall camp. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

He keeps saying there are some guys that won't sign until Feb.  I guess we can hope this is a deluge of DTs and whatnot.

We don’t need a deluge we need one or 2 more assuming Chaney will be healthy

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Yates and Hansford were DEs that were forced to play DT. How much did the other 3 guys even play. I don’t remember hearing their names ever. We still have 4 guys in the 290 range to fill 2 DT spots, plus the High School DT we brought in. It’s not optimal but there a base to work with if one or 2 more are added later before fall camp. 

I just want 2 more big bodies. I feel that the DC was to fixated on specific players and older players. Too many snaps was wasted on Darien Grant. I'm comfortable at DE with Kelly, Ross, Logan, Vaughn and the UF transfer. I think Nick Bags should of gotten played more. I cant give an opinion on Hobbs and Williams. I have never seen them play. That is what worries be. We stuck out with Pickney/Kegler and can't afford to be stuck with a bad set of DTs again. Out of the walk ons, I feel Danny Gonzales will eventually earn a scholarship. He has good tape and size. 

???
Jacquez Williams DL 293
Jhalin Hobbs DL 291
Colby Smith (PWO) DT 269

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I just want 2 more big bodies. I feel that the DC was to fixated on specific players and older players. Too many snaps was wasted on Darien Grant. I'm comfortable at DE with Kelly, Ross, Logan, Vaughn and the UF transfer. I think Nick Bags should of gotten played more. I cant give an opinion on Hobbs and Williams. I have never seen them play. That is what worries be. We stuck out with Pickney/Kegler and can't afford to be stuck with a bad set of DTs again. Out of the walk ons, I feel Danny Gonzales will eventually earn a scholarship. He has good tape and size. 

???
Jacquez Williams DL 293
Jhalin Hobbs DL 291
Colby Smith (PWO) DT 269

Hobbs and Williams were freshmen last year, they started in the 260+ pound range. They should play this year.

im still looking for at least one DT, OL, LB and WR from portal that can start. Rest I would go with freshmen recruiting 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Rain on Parade:

Our class is small...if you go by avg recruit ranking we are per rivals mid 70s between SMU and Tulane. 

That's a better gauge for class I believe and we held our own with rest of conference. 

If CAG shows he is a decent coach...next years class I'd like to see in the 60s or better. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

I think Nick Bags should of gotten played more.

Thought he would be a huge factor and never really saw that this season. not a bust but  i was expecting more.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

???
Jacquez Williams DL 293
Jhalin Hobbs DL 291
Colby Smith (PWO) DT 269

We were 1-11. We had minimal pressure. We need whatever we can get. What we had got beat up and bullied all season

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

He didn’t have much time and this is the early signing period. He probably signs 11-13 more between now and February signing period 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

Biggest haul of the cycle was convincing Weaver to stay

Guy is a slot reciever playing out wide. He needs to move in. We need to get tall bodies out wide.