• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Officially embraced mid-major

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

11 hours ago, sloan1919 said:

It’s public info.

quick summary USF total budget: $2.3b UCF total budget: $2.1b; USF endowment:  $900m UCF endowment: $200m

Total athletics USF: $60m UCF: $75

football ops: USF $15.5m UCF $23.5

basically they outspend us in dollars and in percentage of football of overall budget.

How are UCFs academics? We are a university first, football is just a function of it not the end goal.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

May as well embrace where we are currently at and win here.

How’s that quote go? You have to know where you are to know where you are going.

I agree.

Has USF done things I've hated in the past? Yes. Am I annoyed that other schools have passed us in growth? Yes. Do I sometimes get down on the program and hate what we have become? Yes. 

At the end of the day though, I just want USF to run its own race. That's why I don't care if we play UCF anymore. I'm tired of trying to compare resumes with them. They got the P5 bid, it sucked, but they got it. I'm not gonna worry about them now. We can only play who is on our schedule and we can only have our football team win this conference.  Everything else is a general waste of time.

Hopefully CAG message is to run our race. Show the rest of the country what we are and start becoming the "noisy neighbors" and force the rest of the CFB world to take notice of us through our on-field success. Cause ******** and moaning about where we aren't, who didn't do what, etc. will keep us in the same place we're at now anyway. It solves nothing.  

Edited by ClassOf2005Bull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,917
  • Days Won:  67

21 minutes ago, smazza said:

he was never a head coach

being a head coach requires far different skills than being an oc

please list the schools  where he had high rated recruited classes. recruiting for tennessee is far different than recruiting for usf.

ad kelly pulled a rope a dope on us

I am losing my mind because I am agreeing with Steve more and more each day. 

12 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

How are UCFs academics? We are a university first, football is just a function of it not the end goal.

Whatever, rationalize all you want but we really are neither, but if it helps you sleep at night then do you.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

That comment does not appear to be rationalizing.  It seems factual.

However, with the way CFB is going, it does change the role of football at a University and whether it is any longer even a fit.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

20 minutes ago, smazza said:

he was never a head coach

being a head coach requires far different skills than being an oc

please list the schools  where he had high rated recruited classes. recruiting for tennessee is far different than recruiting for usf.

ad kelly pulled a rope a dope on us

he was never a head coach - Kirby Smart had never been a head coach when he went to Georgia. Lincoln Riley had never been a head coach before taking over Oklahoma. Josh Heupel had never been a head coach before he was hired at UCF. Jimbo Fisher had never been a head coach before he was promoted at Florida State.

being a head coach requires far different skills than being an oc - See above ↑↑

please list the schools  where he had high rated recruited classes. recruiting for tennessee is far different than recruiting for usf. - Though his Florida ties are minimal, Golesh’s recruiting chops are widely lauded. While recruiting coordinator at Toledo (2009-2011), the Rockets boasted consecutive No. 1 classes in the Mid-American Conference. He also served in the same capacity at Illinois and Iowa State; all three of those schools heavily recruit Florida.

AD Kelly MIGHT have hit a home run with this one. You and no one else knows how this will work out.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

13 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If we could just find a way to get over all the woulda, coulda, shoulda and focus on NOW. We need to commit now to becoming THE power in this new version of the AAC, invest in a good new stadium, and things will follow. So many people like to bemoan how UCF has passed us by. They did so by not whining and burying their head in the sand when we got the Big East invitation. They invested in their program, became the class of C-USA and have been rewarded. We just want to compare things to what they used to be. That’s gone. You have to plow forward and not continue to look back. Is the hiring of Alex an admission of failure? We have no idea until we see what he brings to the table. Could he be our Scott Frost or Luke Fickell? No one knows yet. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

They really did.  While Leavitt had his boot on their forehead they really figured out a way to get a lot done.  They are basking in the results and we're grasping at straws.  I hope this Golesh lifeboat has a few paddles, a foghorn and maybe a battery powered lamp.  

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

That comment does not appear to be rationalizing.  It seems factual.

However, with the way CFB is going, it does change the role of football at a University and whether it is any longer even a fit.

Thanks for the support.

Especially if CFB splits off from the NCAA.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

6 minutes ago, USFreak said:

I hope this Golesh lifeboat has a few paddles, a foghorn and maybe a battery powered lamp.  

I am hoping he got that swag
Car Arrive GIF

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Thankful for the 12 team playoffs…Jim Mora Playoffs GIFJim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

Arguably better. More selective and they charge higher tuition. They also have a slightly higher average exit salary for students.