• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Michael Kelly

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Abc Musical Chairs GIF by The Bachelorette

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

3 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Capko in my opinion would be the worst and most reckless hire we have made since I have been following USF.

That's saying a lot. I'm interested.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

That's saying a lot. I'm interested.

I was a student 2000-2004, so I don't know much about USF before that point. Certainly its just my opinion and that's very subjective. But in my opinion Antigua and Scott have been the worst hires we have made since.  However both Scott and Antigua were considered top assistants; working at powerhouses at the time when they were hired. Capko, while certainly respected, I don't think is no where near being considered a top assistant at this time. Maybe he will be in the future, but he is not at this point. What proves that point is that besides USF he hasn't been linked with an other division 1 program; aren't there more then 300 of them.

And certainly I am just basing this opinion based on resumes, so just based on resume alone he would be the worst hire for USF. I believe  that at this point  we need to go with a HC who is a proven winner

I do want to note that I like and respect Kapco, but I just don't think he is the answer for USF at this time. Maybe in the future after he gains HC experience.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

What's MK'sBuyout?  Do AD's typically have buyout clauses in their contracts?

Edited by rts

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

10 pages full of people with no athletic administration experience whatsoever, wanting to make decisions about athletics administrators. 

it’s like if you work at a hospital and the people from Outback start deciding who should keep their job or Not. ( no offense to Outback, love their chains). 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

10 pages full of people with no athletic administration experience whatsoever, wanting to make decisions about athletics administrators. 

it’s like if you work at a hospital and the people from Outback start deciding who should keep their job or Not. ( no offense to Outback, love their chains). 

Next thing you know people will want everyone determining who is a government even if they have never been in government, determining their food is bad even if they have not been a chef, determining service is bad even if they have never waited a single table, deciding someone cannot sing even if their musical experience is limited to one drunken karaoke session, determining a movie sucks having zero Oscars on their shelves or even determining the fate of a doctor or hospital by finding against them in a lawsuit because they keep cutting off the wrong legs of people even though they do not fully grasp how difficult it must be to get the right leg. 

There cannot be more than a handful of key metrics for an athletic department and winning is going to be on most people's list. People that are for the end of the MK era are ones that favor winning more than any other metric. It is fairly simple to compare MK to his peers on this topic and I have full faith that most anyone at Outback would be capable of doing so. 

Success and failure are pretty easy to observe on most topics that have comparable samples and if someone is picking a nuanced measure of success that is too complex for the average person to deduce then they probably need to pick a better measure of success for themselves. I vote for winning in this example.    

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

So now VPMK struck out on Odom too!

Fire this inept clown already! It is not a USF Coaching Search unless several candidates reject us! What a dumpster fire!

Yep. Our depressing culture of failing continues. I really do believe that this dude acts without thinking about it first. I feel like he fired CBG but didn't do **** to even think of his replacement until afterwards. When he saw that this may be the final outcome of the season wouldn't you at least work on having a short list to aggressively pursue??

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

One of the main requirements of being an AD should be winning. It doesn’t seem like winning is a priority. The IPF is nice, on campus stadium will be nice, but I’ll take winning over all of that.