• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I don't know why, but I feel better about this transfer knowing he wasn't just following Jimmy Horn to chase $$$ with Deion. He's obviously gonna have plenty of NIL opportunity there too, but it feels different to me

Yeah good for him to go to Auburn and play for a winner like Hugh Freeze  and Cadilac versus his other coaches.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

29 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Yeah good for him to go to Auburn and play for a winner like Hugh Freeze  and Cadilac versus his other coaches.

Yea it makes total sense for him to want to go to Auburn. Wish him all the best!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

My only issue with Battie is don't lie and say you are going to finish what you started when asked about the transfer portal.  Just say that you are keeping your options open.  We can respect that better.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

My only issue with Battie is don't lie and say you are going to finish what you started when asked about the transfer portal.  Just say that you are keeping your options open.  We can respect that better.

All bets are off in the NIL era, especially with the kinds of bags that conference drops. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I believe his father said that quote came in the context of not quitting when CJS was fired midseason. BB at least finished out the season busting his ass, unlike a couple others that we saw down the stretch.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Battie to Auburn. It will be interesting to see him in the SEc under Freeze. I am sure he got paid nicely. Weaver is probably going to Arksansas or Colorado.

ff02bf96436e2e37b60fe7f08b7773f9

The Montgomery Advertiser spoke to transfer RB Brian Battie's dad, Tommie, about his son's decision to join coach Hugh Freeze on the Plains.

This is no different than me going to FSU for Law School... I love USF but FSU had something USF didn't.... Wish the kid the well

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

6 hours ago, CycleBull said:

If you don’t think players want to play for people who have been there and succeeded you’re crazy. Coaches will always matter. We need a clause in all HC contracts. Hire better if your a new HC, I’m going to get troughy. Not who your comfortable with.0AF5C4BA-299B-4E7F-8E61-6D7DC9DD1A4D.thumb.jpeg.dc974d61cd4549444e72343b9e80eb9f.jpeg

Not always . . . and most successful coaches were not stellar players.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

51 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I believe his father said that quote came in the context of not quitting when CJS was fired midseason. BB at least finished out the season busting his ass, unlike a couple others that we saw down the stretch.

Definitely think that was it but even it wasn’t, it’s not a lie if he truly believed that at the time he said it. Things can change ….

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Definitely think that was it but even it wasn’t, it’s not a lie if he truly believed that at the time he said it. Things can change ….

$$$ money talks and winning pedigree coach at a program  with national championships versus  an unknown coach. Freeze and Cadillac  will probbaly help his player development more for any future NFL potential.