• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A culture of losing and institutionalized failure

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,698
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

A commitment of unending and unquestioned blind support regardless of changes in the donee seems to be your description of a supporter.  

And you can only support in the present manner, not before, but now.  

Correct?

Nope. I think I see what you're saying and do see where the logic in exactly what I said would indeed be faulty. The "several big donors that LEFT USF after the firing" were supporting USF at the time but stopped.

Have they come back?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nope. I think I see what you're saying and do see where the logic in exactly what I said would indeed be faulty. The "several big donors that LEFT USF after the firing" were supporting USF at the time but stopped.

Have they come back?

Some have not.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Anyone who left after Leavitt and hasn’t come back isn’t a booster or donor—they are just a ghost. It’s been 15 years, if they haven’t come back yet good riddance.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,067
  • Days Won:  469

That’s easy to agree to, but it doesn’t mean “they really weren't USF supporters”.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,698
  • Days Won:  424

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

That’s easy to agree to, but it doesn’t mean “they really weren't USF supporters”. 

I thought I made it clear that I pulled back on that. They WERE USF supporters ...... but indicative of one of the problems USF has had building a program if they've never comeback.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

This quote by Blake is a big part of why I think Jeff Scott failed here. From day 1 he was making excuses about the lack of talent on the roster. If you're convinced your guys suck you **** sure aren't going to get them to elevate their level of play

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,610
  • Days Won:  25

51 minutes ago, bulloni said:

This quote by Blake is a big part of why I think Jeff Scott failed here. From day 1 he was making excuses about the lack of talent on the roster. If you're convinced your guys suck you **** sure aren't going to get them to elevate their level of play

Exactly and people made excuses for his failures. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

That stuck out to me watching the Dolphins game too. I think that’s why CJL and Deion really appeal to me. They seem old school, “we’re gonna get the job done no matter what” type of coaches. There is never going to be a perfect team so you have to get the most out of the players you have. The HC needs to have that “we are not failing” and “your my guys, let’s do this” mentality. The guys in the locker room have to buy into the coach and the only way the coach can have this happen is if he buys into his players, that’s why it’s a relationship. This can’t be a “rebuild” because that message tells the players, “you are not good enough, but it is what it is”. Not a good first impression.