• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am again excited about USF Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

We keep saying we are at rock bottom.  Then years go by.  Hmm!

Yes, and then we find ourselves with a shovel and we keep on digging.  Example, picking a bad coach would be us digging more.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

What's not to be excited about? Home games against Charlotte, North Texas, rice. An annual rivalry with fau. What an exciting time to be a bull!!! 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

5 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

An annual rivalry with fau.

Luckily our in state rivalries have worked out really well for us.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Not sold, please tell me why Coach Simmons?    

I will try to make a case, though I don't expect you to buy in.

1. Winning head coach: In seven seasons as a head coach, he does not have a single losing season on two different teams.

2. Immediate impact as head coach: The year before his arrival, FAMU went 3-8 and Prairie View A&M went 5-5. The year of his arrival, Prairie View A&M went 8-2, and FAMUwent 6-5, but 5-2 in conference play. By year 2, he went 9-2 overall at FAMU. 

3. Florida recruiting ties: Tallahassee native who began his coaching career at Lincoln HS, coaching up B.J. Daniels. His current job at FAMU has also allowed him to build great bridges in the Florida football high school scene. The next USF HC must have Florida recruiting ties, and he does so.

4. Great offensive mind:

O Coordinator at Middle Tennessee State (2011):

Ranked 20th nationally in total offense, leading the Sun Belt Conference in total offense, rushing offense, and third-down conversion percentage, and ranking second in passing offense.

O Coordinator at Alcorn State (2014):

Offense set many records that season, as they finished second nationally in Scoring Offense, 8th in Total Offense, and 4th in Rushing Offense. Quarterback John Gibbs, Jr, was selected as SWAC Co-Offensive Player of the Year and Black College Player of the Year on route to winning the Southwestern Athletic Conference Championship, as well as being named Black College National Champions.

Prairie View A&M Head Coach (2015):

The Panthers finished the season with the top Scoring Offense in the nation (44.9 points per game) and ranked 8th in Total Offense and the Panthers' 9 wins was tied for the most at Prairie View A&M since 1964.

----

Obviously, this does not automatically mean that his winning ways in FCS will translate to automatic wins at the FBS level. He does lack FBS-level experience, but he does have a proven track record of winning as a head coach with a Florida college, unlike fCJS, and is on the uptrend in winning, unlike fCCS after his time in Texas.

Also, check out the documentary on FAMU football on ESPN+ if you wanna see his personality. Let's just say he's a bit different in his approach to use of language and player motivation than fCJS. But the "good guy" coaching ala Skip or Scott has never been successful at USF.

• Upvote 3
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

The next USF HC must have Florida recruiting ties, and he does so.

That's for sure.  We can't miss on that one. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

Mike said he has had dozens and dozens of people interested. And there will be more to come. Hold on Bulls fans.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

20 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I will try to make a case, though I don't expect you to buy in.

1. Winning head coach: In seven seasons as a head coach, he does not have a single losing season on two different teams.

2. Immediate impact as head coach: The year before his arrival, FAMU went 3-8 and Prairie View A&M went 5-5. The year of his arrival, Prairie View A&M went 8-2, and FAMUwent 6-5, but 5-2 in conference play. By year 2, he went 9-2 overall at FAMU. 

3. Florida recruiting ties: Tallahassee native who began his coaching career at Lincoln HS, coaching up B.J. Daniels. His current job at FAMU has also allowed him to build great bridges in the Florida football high school scene. The next USF HC must have Florida recruiting ties, and he does so.

4. Great offensive mind:

O Coordinator at Middle Tennessee State (2011):

Ranked 20th nationally in total offense, leading the Sun Belt Conference in total offense, rushing offense, and third-down conversion percentage, and ranking second in passing offense.

O Coordinator at Alcorn State (2014):

Offense set many records that season, as they finished second nationally in Scoring Offense, 8th in Total Offense, and 4th in Rushing Offense. Quarterback John Gibbs, Jr, was selected as SWAC Co-Offensive Player of the Year and Black College Player of the Year on route to winning the Southwestern Athletic Conference Championship, as well as being named Black College National Champions.

Prairie View A&M Head Coach (2015):

The Panthers finished the season with the top Scoring Offense in the nation (44.9 points per game) and ranked 8th in Total Offense and the Panthers' 9 wins was tied for the most at Prairie View A&M since 1964.

----

Obviously, this does not automatically mean that his winning ways in FCS will translate to automatic wins at the FBS level. He does lack FBS-level experience, but he does have a proven track record of winning as a head coach with a Florida college, unlike fCJS, and is on the uptrend in winning, unlike fCCS after his time in Texas.

Also, check out the documentary on FAMU football on ESPN+ if you wanna see his personality. Let's just say he's a bit different in his approach to use of language and player motivation than fCJS. But the "good guy" coaching ala Skip or Scott has never been successful at USF.

Ok I’m not impressed. To hell with these offensive mind coaches. Time to get some defense. I can’t stand watching terrible defenses. Sorry but I will pass.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, pascobull said:

If USF Football was a stock this would be the time to buy on margin, only one way but up cause we can't go lower:

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F1109%2Fr1088376_

Clemson went from CFP hopeful to the middle of the Bottom 10, while South Florida managed to play its way to the top.

You could feel it coming all year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

We keep saying we are at rock bottom.  Then years go by.  Hmm!

Is relegation a thing in college football?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, jchem1995 said:

Mike said he has had dozens and dozens of people interested. And there will be more to come. Hold on Bulls fans.

He didn't mention actual coaches were interested.  Me and 11 other people sent him resumes......If selected, I will rely on the Bullspen for all coaching decisions.....