• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, slick1ru2 said:

The school had to pay him million plus another coach millions it’s not happening

By your argument, we should infer that Leavitt tampered with the investigation because BMM reported it, we should take it one step further and infer that he was guilty because he tampered... BUT... under no circumstance should we infer that USF did some shady-sh** and that is why they had to settle with Leavitt rather than letting his lawsuit play out... since they were so up and up, wouldn't it have been better for the University to show that in the public eye rather than settle?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

By your argument, we should infer that Leavitt tampered with the investigation because BMM reported it, we should take it one step further and infer that he was guilty because he tampered... BUT... under no circumstance should we infer that USF did some shady-sh** and that is why they had to settle with Leavitt rather than letting his lawsuit play out... since they were so up and up, wouldn't it have been better for the University to show that in the public eye rather than settle?

Attorneys fees, dude

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, slick1ru2 said:

I don’t see it happening. He interfered with investigation whether he was guilty or not wasn’t the cause for being fired.

Never would have stood up to scrutiny.  That was the account of USF's lawyer, too bad it didn't get a legal hearing.

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

not really. fact is a program can have more than one good coach in it's history.

This is correct, we have had two coaches that have been good.  No argument.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I also can't find any source that repudiates his "most powerful man in the building" statement. Dude probably thought he was untouchable at that point in his career, and some on here probably agree.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Regarding Taggart... I think the issue with comparing him to Leavitt is that Taggart never won without Flowers. Flowers was the best QB we have ever had in my opinion. I loved Grothe and he did some crazy things for us, but I have never seen anyone more clutch and able to put the team on their back than Q. If Tags had stayed and kept winning, he would get more credit. As it stands, he pretty much failed as he moved up. He also was not a great x's and o's coach in my opinion. He was a fantastic recruiter and in our conference, that would take him a long way. I respect what he did here and wouldn't be pissed if he was hired back, but it also wouldn't be a home run. Some people would like it, others wouldn't, would he be able to recreate what he did here?

Leavitt on the other hand won with Pat Julmiste at QB. He adapted his teams to the talent he had, with a ridiculously low bag of cash for decent assistant coaches. When we had Andre Hall, we were a run-first team. Blackwell, Grothe, and BJD got different offenses. Through all of that, his defenses were always near the top-30. You never saw people running away from our guys. I remember laughing at WVU because they said we couldn't keep up with their "speed". Laughing at UCF when OLeary tried to kill that RB by giving him 47 carries per game and they thought he would run all over us (that was the 62-12 year). His defenses didn't get embarrassed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

Regarding Taggart... I think the issue with comparing him to Leavitt is that Taggart never won without Flowers. Flowers was the best QB we have ever had in my opinion. I loved Grothe and he did some crazy things for us, but I have never seen anyone more clutch and able to put the team on their back than Q. If Tags had stayed and kept winning, he would get more credit. As it stands, he pretty much failed as he moved up. He also was not a great x's and o's coach in my opinion. He was a fantastic recruiter and in our conference, that would take him a long way. I respect what he did here and wouldn't be pissed if he was hired back, but it also wouldn't be a home run. Some people would like it, others wouldn't, would he be able to recreate what he did here?

Leavitt on the other hand won with Pat Julmiste at QB. He adapted his teams to the talent he had, with a ridiculously low bag of cash for decent assistant coaches. When we had Andre Hall, we were a run-first team. Blackwell, Grothe, and BJD got different offenses. Through all of that, his defenses were always near the top-30. You never saw people running away from our guys. I remember laughing at WVU because they said we couldn't keep up with their "speed". Laughing at UCF when OLeary tried to kill that RB by giving him 47 carries per game and they thought he would run all over us (that was the 62-12 year). His defenses didn't get embarrassed.

This.  Taggart didn't win until he let Flowers and Mack loose. 

18 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I also can't find any source that repudiates his "most powerful man in the building" statement. Dude probably thought he was untouchable at that point in his career, and some on here probably agree.

It's been repudiated by (redacted) of that era.  It was made up for extra drama.

Twas a great fabrication, cuz suckers fell for it.  Too easy.  It confirmed existing bias. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

I’ll get season tickets even if I can’t make it to games if they hire back Leavitt. Should be planned (like somewhat mentioned earlier) where he is going to be the guy who gets a statue in front of the OCS and gets to select his successor when he retires to an advisor role in a few years. 

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

16 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I agree with you, but I think bringing Jim back is the biggest pipe dream you could consider. Bigger than Deion. But I could be wrong. I never thought we’d see a reality TV star in the White House.  🙂

That reality TV star did wonders for America. Can Trump coach football? 

• Downvote 2