• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,347
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Sk00b said:

I replay his "Touchdowwwwnnnn USF" in my head all the time.

That is 6 for the BULLS!!! - Louk voice 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Jim Louk is a USF treasure. End of discussion.

No, it's not. He's monotone and simply not good. Given where we are at, I suppose you could consider him a treasure as I am not nearly as impacted by him as just about everything else including the band. Truly miserable if that is true. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, mj796 said:

No, it's not. He's monotone and simply not good. Given where we are at, I suppose you could consider him a treasure as I am not nearly as impacted by him as just about everything else including the band. Truly miserable if that is true. 

While I appreciate him and I'm sure he is a nice guy. I have pretty much the same opinion. Never got why everyone gushed over his voice.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

While I appreciate him and I'm sure he is a nice guy. I have pretty much the same opinion. Never got why everyone gushed over his voice.

I think the overall sentiment is because he's one of the few USF "traditions", not technical aspect of his job.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I think the overall sentiment is because he's one of the few USF "traditions", not technical aspect of his job.

The USF way

USF has many issues. However Louk & HOT have & will continue to be USF legends in my book.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And, like James Brown, he's the hardest working man in show business. Got to travel with the football team years ago. The amount of time he puts in prepping is hard to fathom. Then, on the flight home while most people were sleeping, he's putting together highlights for the next day's show plus watching film on the next opponent to ask questions of the coach on the show. Good man, a USF treasure. All that said, not the best voice in business but he's OUR USF voice. He's got a job here as long as he wants. 

Remember him doing signing day broadcasts from zero dark thirty and then doing a basketball broadcast that night.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

And, like James Brown, he's the hardest working man in show business. Got to travel with the football team years ago. The amount of time he puts in prepping is hard to fathom. Then, on the flight home while most people were sleeping, he's putting together highlights for the next day's show plus watching film on the next opponent to ask questions of the coach on the show. Good man, a USF treasure. All that said, not the best voice in business but he's OUR USF voice. He's got a job here as long as he wants. 

Remember him doing signing day broadcasts from zero dark thirty and then doing a basketball broadcast that night.

Well said. Thanks for sharing. I miss Louk & Mark Robinson combo we used to have years ago. Louk, Lighthall, & company are great with USF. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Baby with the bathwater bias....while we're cleaning house  (or a room in the house), let's throw out the broadcast guy...sounds funny....doesn't say "progrum" but he's mono..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

54 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Well said. Thanks for sharing. I miss Louk & Mark Robinson combo we used to have years ago. Louk, Lighthall, & company are great with USF. 

Got to sit with Mark R on that flight. Jim was across the aisle.

• Upvote 1