• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

fire the athletic director

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I don't want to out anyone but before the season, someone in Athletics made a defeatist comment to me about this season, basically indicating expecting success was a stretch. Sorry for being vague, I want to respect that person and their role in the dept.

Compare this with a Leavitt/LRS attitude about where we belong, what we can do, and who we are at the core. 

I didn't see this until that ECU game but there is a losing culture in the ranks. Shrugs and chuckles all around. No one wants to even say the word "win", it's all "compete, compete".

Again, great people and hard workers I'm sure. We just do not see eye to eye on who USF should be. 

This makes me sick - I wish I could doubt what you're saying is true, but the actions / results that we see on and off the field fully support it.  What has happened to football is inexcusable, but my perception is that the remaining fans are the only ones expecting excellence.  

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I don't want to out anyone but before the season, someone in Athletics made a defeatist comment to me about this season, basically indicating expecting success was a stretch. Sorry for being vague, I want to respect that person and their role in the dept.

Compare this with a Leavitt/LRS attitude about where we belong, what we can do, and who we are at the core. 

I didn't see this until that ECU game but there is a losing culture in the ranks. Shrugs and chuckles all around. No one wants to even say the word "win", it's all "compete, compete".

Again, great people and hard workers I'm sure. We just do not see eye to eye on who USF should be. 

rhymes with cob poop.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

36 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Yet somehow they came out and played their, arguably, best game of the year against UC and have been, yeah I'll say it, fairly competitive since then. It's crazy.

And trying to compare the Leavitt/LRS attitude to what's going on right now is totally useless. It never got to the point we're at now with that regime (for good reason) so there's no telling what the reaction would have been.

It would be great if we could just fire everybody, admin, coaches, players and start over but reality is a ***** in that regard ...... and as far seeing eye to eye on USF what should be, I can almost guarantee that we as fans and they aren't that far off. The huge difference is that they're assigned the difficult task of getting there while we get to mostly sit back and critique, supporting where we can.

44 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

It's not blind trust for me. I worked for Michael Kelly his first time at USF. He was my boss's boss. 

I am just sharing my opinion, I realize for other's they can hold different opinions. 

This is what gave me hope with with him coming in. He knew what he was up against coming is as far as financial resources go and even though some would like to slough that off, he has done a great job there ...... the other key part of the job, the hiring of coaches, has been pretty much the opposite. Just hoping like hell the next third of the season isn't like the first two thirds.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yet somehow they came out and played their, arguably, best game of the year against UC and have been, yeah I'll say it, fairly competitive since then. It's crazy.

Therre are lots or rumors circulating about ECU having access to UCF's "signals". Thus, an expected loss, not saying they are true, just commenting on some of the interweb rumors.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I don't buy the information bieng put out there about Leavitt's success is due to underforming academic students and  today's program and from Holtz on inability to win is because of higher standards.  I think it's nice to say and obtain comfort but we're not the only football team in the country.  I'd drop that excuse in a second and remember the 85-105 players in that era would likely take offense.  It's that bad of a thought.  Credit the people that worked within the rules to create something.  It happens almost everywhere else.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

36 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I know you realize it, but just for the record, my original quote was talking about, me willing to maintain my loyalty and allegiance without having to speculate on people needing to be fired, and willing to trust the process to the outcome. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

It's not blind trust for me. I worked for Michael Kelly his first time at USF. He was my boss's boss. 

I am just sharing my opinion, I realize for other's they can hold different opinions. 

I understood what you were saying. My comment was about how much money we're going to be willing to put out next year for donations and tickets. 

Michael is a great guy and I really believe he puts much thought into the moves/steps he takes. I don't understand the contract extensions but I believe he has, what he feels, are real good reasons for doing that. None of us know what discussions, if any, have gone on with other conferences and what they want to see out of our program. Maybe they want to see facilities and commitment more than wins.

And I understand him wanting to play the long game; build the facilities, keep some continuity with coaches, etc. But that doesn't oblige us to donating at the same level while watching 1/2 games for football and 3 quarters of MBB. And, again, I understand our view is different from many on here since we didn't attend. We took a break from MBB and then came back when CBG was hired. Taking a break again this year from it. Will we buy season tix again at some point? Yes, when we show some life and chances of winning. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

16 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Michael is a great guy and I really believe he puts much thought into the moves/steps he takes. I don't understand the contract extensions but I believe he has, what he feels, are real good reasons for doing that. None of us know what discussions, if any, have gone on with other conferences and what they want to see out of our program. Maybe they want to see facilities and commitment more than wins.

This is how I am thinking also.  It is assumed to be foolish, but we don't have access to the details.  I am curious to see what happens after the season, because I don't think it will play out like everyone thinks.  I could be in major denial though.  😀

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

I actually typed up a book to rant about and deleted it, haha. CJS is 4-25, has made 1.5 million dollars per win, that is borderline insanity and criminal. Our MBB has plummeted and it all happened under VPMK, there are NO excuses for that. The most alarming thing is there seems to be no sense of urgency, no accountability, no change of course!! VPMK and CJS preach “we need to stay the coarse”……. 4-25 people, 4-25, stay the course? Just let that sink in for a minute. 

1 minute ago, michibull said:

Our MBB has plummeted and it all happened under VPMK,

He's only been here since 2018 .....