• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any update on Gerry?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Did we build the IPF DIRECTLY over the Indian burial ground??

Let's just run a wildcat with Horn and Battie for the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Let's not break them...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

Do you think we see Byrum Brown or Gunnar Smith some over the next five games? They are our future if we keep this offensive scheme going. Marsh has a arm, but he is not a runner. I hope Gerry makes a full recovery and wish him the best for future endeavors whether it is at USF or anything else in life. He gave it his all.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

16 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Do you think we see Byrum Brown or Gunnar Smith some over the next five games? They are our future if we keep this offensive scheme going. Marsh has a arm, but he is not a runner. 

Totally will depend on how Marsh does as a starter I would expect Brown if they need to go with young qb. Atleast we have a few weeks for them to figure out an offense that works around Marsh.  

23 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Totally will depend on how Marsh does as a starter I would expect Brown if they need to go with young qb. Atleast we have a few weeks for them to figure out an offense that works around Marsh.  

Don't you get to play in 4 games and still count as a redshirt or is that only the first four games ?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Don't you get to play in 4 games and still count as a redshirt or is that only the first four games ?

I am pretty sure any 4 games and still can redshirt.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I am pretty sure any 4 games and still can redshirt.

Maybe we will see a lot of both if Marsh  doesn't shine. He has been thrown to wolves a few years in a row. I appreciate  he cane back and toughed out. It would be ironic if he was the guy to turn usf around. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Maybe we will see a lot of both if Marsh  doesn't shine. He has been thrown to wolves a few years in a row. I appreciate  he cane back and toughed out. It would be ironic if he was the guy to turn usf around. 

I haven't seen it yet last year or this year, but I guess I'll try to see what everyone else is seeing.

57 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I haven't seen it yet last year or this year, but I guess I'll try to see what everyone else is seeing.

I haven't seen much either but hopefully he gets it done. He toughed it out three years in a row here instead of transferring out with the QB musical chairs of transfers we have had under Scott. Either way this thread is about Gerry and i hope he heals up and the best in whatever his next step is at USF football, the real world, or a new school if he transfers out.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Brad said:

TAMPA, OCT. 18, 2022– A USF football program that has been hit hard by injuries during the 2022 season took another blow Tuesday when Head Coach Jeff Scott announced junior quarterback Gerry Bohanon Jr. (Earle, Ark.) will miss the remainder of the season due to a shoulder injury that will require surgery to repair.

Bohanon, who was playing his best football at USF in his last three games, suffered the injury to his right throwing shoulder during an 8-yard run in the first half of Saturday's contest with Tulane. Bohanon left the game with just over 6:30 to play in the half and the Bulls leading 14-10. To that point in the game, he was 7-of-8 for 109 yards and a touchdown passing and had ran for 59 yards and a 33-yard touchdown.

Over his last two-and-a-half games, Bohanon passed for 501 yards, six touchdowns and no interceptions and ran for 250 yards and two touchdowns, including a career-best 117 yards rushing at No. 24 Cincinnati as he led scoring drives of 75, 65, 75 and 88 yards in the close, 28-24, loss to the Bearcats. Bohanon, who led Baylor to a Big 12 title and Sugar Bowl victory in 2021, finishes his first USF season with 1,070 yards passing, six touchdowns and six interceptions while completing 57 percent of his passes. He is also the Bulls second leading rusher having posted 386 yards and three touchdowns on the ground.

220910-FBvHOW-AJ380_FXxfE.JPG?preset=lar

Junior quarterback suffered injury in first half in last Saturday's clash with Tulane.

So since he is a junior can he use a medical redshirt?   Would he want to do that and stay at USF?   The transfer portal swings both ways; it can help and hurt a team.