• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any update on Gerry?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, Jim Johnson said:

He can't use a medical redshirt since he played in seven games... plus this was his FIFTH season, so he only has one more season of eligibility left because of the covid rule (anyone that was on a team in 2020 gets one more year automatically).

Thanks for the update.   I have not followed all of these new rules, so I had no idea.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,626
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Thanks for the update.   I have not followed all of these new rules, so I had no idea.

He already used his redshirt plus his covid  year. So he is a 6th year super senior next year. Since he played 7 games he is not eligible for a medical redshirt.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

He already used his redshirt plus his covid  year. So he is a 6th year super senior next year. Since he played 7 games he is not eligible for a medical redshirt.

He's a "fifth year" junior... so he still has his COVID year, which is what you accurately called "super senior" next year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

Do we know if he’s had surgery yet? Has he made a statement since his injury? His best, most impactful quality is his leadership, I believe. I’m hoping he comes out and makes that powerful statement that assures the fan base he’s committed to getting well and leading this team next year. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I read a day or two after the injury he took QBs Marsh and Brown to lunch to discuss, but have heard nothing further.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

25 minutes ago, SquishaBull said:

Do we know if he’s had surgery yet? Has he made a statement since his injury? His best, most impactful quality is his leadership, I believe. I’m hoping he comes out and makes that powerful statement that assures the fan base he’s committed to getting well and leading this team next year. 

I'm just hoping that he is committed to both those things, don't really care about a statement that much ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

25 minutes ago, Brad said:

I read a day or two after the injury he took QBs Marsh and Brown to lunch to discuss, but have heard nothing further.

Hadn't seen that but definitely like it ....... also hope they are able to take him with team to away games, not sure of policy.

• Upvote 1