• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Coach Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

As soon as VPoA Mike Kelly fires Coach Scott he should IMMEDIATELY turn in his letter of resignation if it happens this season or next. IMMEDIATELY 

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

No it was equally bad.  Let's not forget he started this downward spiral, CJS just isn't the guy to dig us out

What I don’t get was how was Strong so good in Louisville. Was it just his staff propping him up?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, slick1ru2 said:

What I don’t get was how was Strong so good in Louisville. Was it just his staff propping him up?

The popular answer to that is Bridgewater ….. in the same way some want to denigrate what CWT did here with “Flowers”. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

As soon as VPoA Mike Kelly fires Coach Scott he should IMMEDIATELY turn in his letter of resignation if it happens this season or next. IMMEDIATELY 

Have we fired an AD in last 20+ years.... Seems like most of ours leave for other jobs. But yes the AD that extended these coaches should go. USF sports needs a total cleaning. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

Good Lord.  When will all this pearl-clutching end?  No one - even those whom some may deem as over-optimistic, fanboi, or whatever insult others throw at them because they have not lost control of their emotions - wants to keep our current coach.  No one that I've seen.  So to keep making the same argument for over fifty pages, adding nothing new and just trying to be more traumatized than the previous poster gets old.

Many of us choose to acknowledge, unlike those unreasonable posters who compare us to elite programs and want us to fire sub .500 coaches on a whim, that we don't have the money that those programs have.  But let's not let facts get in the way of this ******** contest.

"Please don't dominate the rap, Jack, if you have nothing new to say" - New Speedway Boogie - Grateful Dead

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  774
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, USFRaider said:

If this is the truth, he has to go. If you can’t pivot and learn something different than you saw at Clemson, you need to get the **** out. We don’t have Clemson players, money, or analyst. Grow up and learn or get the duck out.

Edited by CycleBull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I think this goes to the crux of the problem and would explain why he walks around the huddle in circles.  The hands off CEO approach just doesn’t  work at USF for reasons stated.  It’s what he saw at Clemson and it’s not working on Fowler ave and he no clue how to fix it.  USF needs a passionate energetic hands on workaholic type coach…see CJL

8 hours ago, thekidnapper said:

It sounds bad on the surface, but if we were winning, would anyone care? Do other coaches come across as empathetic and caring?  His record is bad enough to get him fired without any assistance.

Does he care enough to develop players on and off the field? 100% matters to parents (and potential recruits). If that’s his reputation, good luck recruiting. And no, I’m not saying hold their hand and walk them to class. 

Edited by CycleBull

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, CycleBull said:

Does he care enough to develop players on and off the field? 100% matters to parents (and potential recruits). If that’s his reputation, good luck recruiting. And no, I’m not saying hold their hand and walk them to class. 

I understand what you are saying and there is truth in the idea that if you are going to be this bad on the field you need to have a selling point like being a player's coach. I was just pointing out that people seem to suggest that this is the last straw as if there isn't enough evidence to pull the trigger on firing him without anybody questioning it.

4 minutes ago, thekidnapper said:

I understand what you are saying and there is truth in the idea that if you are going to be this bad on the field you need to have a selling point like being a player's coach. I was just pointing out that people seem to suggest that this is the last straw as if there isn't enough evidence to pull the trigger on firing him without anybody questioning it.

For me it’s just another arrow in the quiver to take him out of here. The man needs to pivot. The players are still playing for him, but he’s not enough for this team. Even Charlie Strong pivoted in his last season. He was hands off, but when his ass was on the chopping block got more vocal on the sidelines. CJS needs to go. Screw Clemson philosophy.

Edit - I understand where you are coming from.

Edited by CycleBull