• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keys to beating Louisville

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

It doesn't just happen because of a good showing at Reptile World.

While it's fresh in mind, what do you see the differences to be and what will you want to see Saturday?

I saw a little bit of two Louisville games.  Cunningham will run if you let him, probably more than we saw AR15 run.

What do you think will be emphasized?  What will be critical?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Defensively, contain Cunningham and get off the field on 3rd down. We were actually able to get off the field on 3rd down a few times with the Gators and it was a refreshing change.

Offensively, keep the same aggressive offensive mindset, and hopefully Gerry is more locked in passing the ball. We left a lot of yardage (and thus probably points) on the field on balls that were just a little long or a little high.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

2 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Defensively, contain Cunningham and get off the field on 3rd down. We were actually able to get off the field on 3rd down a few times with the Gators and it was a refreshing change.

Offensively, keep the same aggressive offensive mindset, and hopefully Gerry is more locked in passing the ball. We left a lot of yardage (and thus probably points) on the field on balls that were just a little long or a little high.

Pretty much echo this!

Protect the corners and push Cunningham into passing on a long 3rd down. 

Running is our key to victory more accurate passing.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Stay aggressive on defense. I think we have a better chance making Cunningham beat us throwing than we do if he's allowed to run. Gotta find some way of containing him AND getting some pressure. On offense, just have to make the plays that are available.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Contain Cunningham and make him beat us with his arm.

Run, run, run on offense. Don't turn it over.

In both their losses they turned it over 3 times. They're averaging 10 penalties a game. We just need to stay disciplined on defense and force them to stop the run on offense. They've allowed 190+ yards rushing every game and Battie is averaging 10 yards a carry right now. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

37 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

This is probably the best summary.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

I think I saw part of their game against the tinmen and some of Cuse.  I remember thinking their defense seemed a little porous.  I don't have the detail recall to support that, but looking at stats they are giving up yardage through air and on ground in equal manner, averaging about 415 yards/game.  

The UL offense is averaging 19.3 ppg.  Defense giving up 26.67 ppg.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, Brad said:

I think I saw part of their game against the tinmen and some of Cuse.  I remember thinking their defense seemed a little porous.  I don't have the detail recall to support that, but looking at stats they are giving up yardage through air and on ground in equal manner, averaging about 415 yards/game.  

Their defense looked atrocious in the first have against c. but they stepped up big time in the second half.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

2 hours ago, Brad said:

So the key is moving the ball on offense and keeping theirs off the field and maybe some spicy INTs...