• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Tweets, rumors and so on...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

13 hours ago, Outlaw said:

100%. You forgot the most important stat though Brad, undefeated  against and destroying UCF. If we hired better coaches or kept Jim we would be going too the big 12 . We had a guy that loved USF and wanted USF to win more than anyone else on this board combined. We pissed it all away.  Now we are  near the  bottom of the barrel in FBS football and in  the conference until proven other wise. We need to win so effin back

I don't think that was anywhere near our most important stat, especially at that time. We had some very significant wins at that juncture and beating UCF wasn't part of that discussion.

I don't think it mattered who was the Coach when WVU went to the Big XII. I believe the bigger thing that mattered for us was who was "pitching" USF as the best candidate to expand, and seeing that it was not Lee Roy Selmon was the issue.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I don't think that was anywhere near our most important stat, especially at that time. We had some very significant wins at that juncture and beating UCF wasn't part of that discussion.

I don't think it mattered who was the Coach when WVU went to the Big XII. I believe the bigger thing that mattered for us was who was "pitching" USF as the best candidate to expand, and seeing that it was not Lee Roy Selmon was the issue.

At the time beating ucf didn't matter but it does now. They surpassed usf on the field and are moving to the big 12.

16 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

At the time beating ucf didn't matter but it does now. They surpassed usf on the field and are moving to the big 12.

Yes, they are certainly moving on.

Biggest difference for us now is that when the next round of realignment takes place we are much better positioned on the administrative side of things when USF has to promote itself. Obviously, we need to take care of getting some wins on the field, but I do believe that is coming.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

Do you think there was any chance of us jumping ahead of WVU even with LRS pitching?

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Do you think there was any chance of us jumping ahead of WVU even with LRS pitching?

Tough to say. I'm not sure if they would have taken us both.

I do know that having Lee Roy present the benefits of USF would have carried a ton of weight with the Big XII and our chances would have increased exponentially.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Brad said:

I am on the record and was on the record with members of the Bulls Club that firing Jim Leavitt at that juncture for any reason was the wrong thing to do (if you cared about the program).  It was not hard at all to see. You simply had to understand the status of the program. However I will say I got a lot of help from an Auburn/USF fan who said sooner or later the school will destroy this and he was right. Luckily the idiocy was after we beat Auburn.

I'm curious as to the reasoning he had at the time for this?  Was it something going on that was USF - specific, or more of a general statement/prediction?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

On 10/3/2022 at 8:33 AM, CousinRicky said:
On 10/3/2022 at 8:10 AM, bulloni said:

So on September 6th they said in 2-3 weeks they were coming back to the BOT for final approval for the design firm for the stadium. Its been a month now, whats the hold up?

One win?

Blame it all on supply chain issues.  Apparently, everything is backed up in the portal. 

Poop No GIF by Suzy Tolen 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Blame it all on supply chain issues.  Apparently, everything is backed up in the portal. 

Poop No GIF by Suzy Tolen 

Caused by Putin's inflation tax on wins.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Maryland is averaging 31,919 over 5 games at an on campus stadium for a 6-2 Big 10 team.

USF is averaging 30,376 over 3 games at a stadium 30 minutes from campus for a 1-6 G5 team.

If we can just be a consistent bowl team I'm confident we will sellout more than we don't at the on campus stadium.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 10/20/2022 at 7:35 PM, Jim Johnson said:

Hindsight is 20-20.  There is no way to know for certain when replacing or keeping a coach what is going to happen.

In 2009, I was projecting forward... not expecting it BY 2009.  At that time I saw a future full of 8-5 seasons with 4-4 or 5-3 in conference play in perpetuity... so yeah, I was ready for a change by Thanksgiving of 2009.

Looking back, a series of 8-5 seasons would have been vastly better than the wild roller coasters of 4-8 to 2-10 to 11-2 to 2-10 that followed.

But AT THE TIME I thought USF could do more than that, as I bought into the "sleeping giant" concept... I just didn't think CJL was the coach to do it.

I was of the mindset that he was still building. Yeah it was super frustrating to start out 4-0, 5-0, 5-1, whatever and then tail off in the middle section of the season. But then you had to remember that pretty much every level we played at (Independent, C-USA, Big East), the team was recruited for the prior level. Recruiting had been trending up. Leavitt's last recruiting class was #25 by one of the services rankings. Can I say with certainty that we would have won a conference title under his watch? Nobody can say that with certainty, but I felt more confident going into every season with CJL than I've felt in any other season besides maybe 2016 or 2017.