• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Passing Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

And how is our passing game doing by focusing only on Weaver?  He had quite a few drops that these other receivers would have caught. Holden and Brown are listed at 6'4....Weaver doesn't have that height. CJS said the most success his teams have had were when they rotated around 9 - 10 receivers. I like Weaver, but not sold on him being our best or main option. We have 26 pass catchers on this team with at least 5 of them 6'4 of taller. No need to only use 1 receiver. 

How do you know they would have caught the ones he dropped? Just curious 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

43 minutes ago, mjadams said:

How do you know they would have caught the ones he dropped? Just curious 

Well, the only FACT we do have is that he dropped those passes. So there is a chance that they would of caught those. But two of the players  I mentions are 6'4 so there are more throwing options to those taller receivers. Not too mention when you evenly distribute the ball, the defense just can't focus on one receiver. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Give the dang ball to Mangham.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, BullDoug said:

Give the dang ball to Mangham.

Well he is good in short yard situations  running but we haven't exactly has a lot of success with the hb screen pass to him. Is he moving to receiver or lining up into the slot to help the passing attack?

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Well, the only FACT we do have is that he dropped those passes. So there is a chance that they would of caught those. But two of the players  I mentions are 6'4 so there are more throwing options to those taller receivers. Not too mention when you evenly distribute the ball, the defense just can't focus on one receiver. 

I don't care who catches the ball, we need a passing attack that scores. 0 passing tds in two games and one of them being an 0-3 fbs is not good. Six passing tds in a whole season is inexcusable.  I hope Gerry B and the receivers  find some spark to ignite the passing attack. CJS was a receivers coach and passing game coordinator  if he had one area where he would be very successful  coaching  at improving the team it should be receivers and quarterback passing.

Just now, Outlaw said:

I don't care who catches the ball, we need a passing attack that scores. 0 passing tds in two games and one of them being an 0-3 fbs is not good. Six passing tds in a whole season is inexcusable.  I hope Gerry B and the receivers  find some spark to ignite the passing attack. CJS was a receivers coach and passing game coordinator  if he had one area where he would be very successful  coaching  at improving the team it should be receivers and quarterback passing.

We are having trouble with our passing game. We have 4 WRs that are 6'4 or taller and 5 tight ends that are 6'4 or taller.  They all have good speed. The average CB/DB/Safety is b/w 5'10 -6ft.........I'm just baffled by how we have 10 pass catchers that are 6'4 or taller and we are struggling in the passing game. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We are having trouble with our passing game. We have 4 WRs that are 6'4 or taller and 5 tight ends that are 6'4 or taller.  They all have good speed. The average CB/DB/Safety is b/w 5'10 -6ft.........I'm just baffled by how we have 10 pass catchers that are 6'4 or taller and we are struggling in the passing game. 

I agree throw the ball high where only the wr can catch it or it becomes an incomplete play. I figured the one area  we would look good in would be passing with Weaver,horn, all the returning receivers, and transfers such as ajou and brown. This is why I made the post. I'm baffled and at a loss of words for it. I was asking people what do they think.

Edited by Outlaw

32 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I agree throw the ball high where only the wr can catch it or it becomes an incomplete play. I figured the one area  we would look good in would be passing with Weaver,horn, all the returning receivers, and transfers such as ajou and brown. This is why I made the post. I'm baffled and at a loss of words for it. I was asking people what do they think.

I'm happy with 6 rushing TDs. I like how all of our Rbs made the best of their opportunities. 4 out of 8 Rbs on our teams have TDs. Let's run them ALL. With the running game figured out, it shouldn't be that hard to get the passing game on track. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

52 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Hopefully it clicks soon...the weapons exist. 

Heck tell Matos run into the endozone and catch the ball up high.... nearly impossible for a defender to cover a 6'9 280+ lb beast 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

As has been said, if the passing game gets you down to the 1 and you punch it in with Mangham, who cares.  This is actually what is happening a lot of the time.  Perfect example is Dollison catching the ball on the 2 or 3 yard line and then USF running it in.  Would it have made you feel any better if Dollison had taken  two more steps before falling into the endzone for a TD?  That would have given GB a TD in the stat sheet.  And there have been other examples of the passing game getting USF in scoring position.  So the WR didn't get in the end zone and USF ran it in (one of 6 rushing TD's by the way last game).  GB throws a really pretty deep ball, one of the best we've seen around here in a while, possibly since Flowers.  That's obvious.  He's overthrown a couple, but he'll get his share this year.  He just missed Horn on a long deep pass by like 2 or 3 feet.  Was a great play.

Edited by BullsFanInTX