• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Passing Offense

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,543
  • Days Won:  25

Watching both games this year  and all the games under Jeff Scott what is going on with his passing offense ? It is getting worse under his coaching? I thought he was co-oc, receivers coach, and passing game coordinator  at Clemson? It looks like this year our receivers and quarterback are not on the same page. We have a lot of dropped balls or mislead routes due to running(mostly)or throws.  The passing game should be Jeff Scott's strength but it seems to be his biggest  weakness on  coaching offense. I know this is like 6 quarterbacks starting under him and two ocs but we need to see results.  Looking at Gerry's tape at Baylor he has the skill and ability. I also don't understand why we are not using more rpo and running  plays with him.  I understand we are not Bama or Oklahoma and am not expecting 3000+ passing yards and 30 + touchdowns every season, but would like to see some passing touchdowns and an offense that is not one dimensional.  This seems to be an area no one is really pressing Jeff Scott on.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,428
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Watching both games this year  and all the games under Jeff Scott what is going on with his passing offense ? It is getting worse under his coaching? I thought he was co-oc, receivers coach, and passing game coordinator  at Clemson? It looks like this year our receivers and quarterback are not on the same page. We have a lot of dropped balls or mislead routes due to running(mostly)or throws.  The passing game should be Jeff Scott's strength but it seems to be his biggest  weakness on  coaching offense. I know this is like 6 quarterbacks starting under him and two ocs but we need to see results.  Looking at Gerry's tape at Baylor he has the skill and ability. I also don't understand why we are not using more rpo and running  plays with him.  I understand we are not Bama or Oklahoma and am not expecting 3000+ passing yards and 30 + touchdowns every season, but would like to see some passing touchdowns and an offense that is not one dimensional.  This seems to be an area no one is really pressing Jeff Scott on.

OL has been protecting the QB a lot better than what we saw the last few seasons. Think passing offense will be fine. It is the defense that has been looking lost at times to me. Hopefully they get better. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

8 passing TDs in the last 14 games.  Do we run the triple option?  Totally unacceptable 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

48 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

i have to admit you are making valid points

29 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

8 passing TDs in the last 14 games.  Do we run the triple option?  Totally unacceptable 

the triple option wouldnt be bad if we ran it properly

8 minutes ago, smazza said:

No need to hate to admit it, it is not your  fault our passing attack is scoring less.

2019 18  passing touchdowns CCS

2020 12 passing touchdowns

2021  6 passing touchdowns 

2020 0 passing touchdowns in two games

So the trend is very concerning. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

42 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I stand corrected.  6 passing TDs in the last 14 games

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,559

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I think they are forcing the ball to Weaver waaaaay to much. We I think Dollison, Atkins, Holden Willis and Sincere Brown need to get more throws.

image.png.684ca7a639294f58418ea7743df4de4b.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, smazza said:

I like it.  How much would it cost us to coax Paul Johnson out of retirement?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

The opportunities have been there and GB has overthrown the WR. Our WR got separation on the DB

27 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I stand corrected.  6 passing TDs in the last 14 games

Even worse 

23 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think they are forcing the ball to Weaver waaaaay to much. We I think Dollison, Atkins, Holden Willis and Sincere Brown need to get more throws.

image.png.684ca7a639294f58418ea7743df4de4b.png

I think there is some truth to that.  Like to get battie motion on some Slants  or curls .