• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Frost is now available

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

But you also need the actual skills for the opportunity or the ability to quickly grow into it.  

Or have Quinton Flowers as your qb

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

But you also need to know your limitations and not gas up your head too much too quickly.  I've seen it in the big corporate world as well.  Some really big falls...

Hindsight is 20/20 in this situation! If you bust your ass and do it the right way, and believe you have the skill set, and someone is offering you the role because they believe in your skill set, maybe it’s worth to take that leap of faith! The key here is, you have to be honest with yourself about your skill set. Lots of people try to hide their problems instead of figuring out how to improve. 

Ego comment and big head doesn’t matter. They are learning and trying to figure out this college football landscape. They’ve had success and no one can take that from them. Their experience and your experience is yours to keep and use. No one can take your achievements away from you. It’s what’s they do after that charts their next path.

Edited by CycleBull

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

But you also need to know your limitations and not gas up your head too much too quickly.  I've seen it in the big corporate world as well.  Some really big falls...

Don’t knock people who aspire for something you can’t understand or imagine. Knock the individuals who lie, cheat, and steal their way to the top. 

Edited by CycleBull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,059
  • Days Won:  38

38 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Don’t knock people who aspire for something you can’t understand or imagine. Knock the individuals who lie, cheat, and steal their way to the top. 

You are mistaken that I can't understand or imagine.  I am talking from personal experience.  Maybe you didn't mean literally me hehe...

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

55 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Hindsight is 20/20 in this situation! If you bust your ass and do it the right way, and believe you have the skill set, and someone is offering you the role because they believe in your skill set, maybe it’s worth to take that leap of faith! The key here is, you have to be honest with yourself about your skill set. Lots of people try to hide their problems instead of figuring out how to improve. 

Ego comment and big head doesn’t matter. They are learning and trying to figure out this college football landscape. They’ve had success and no one can take that from them. Their experience and your experience is yours to keep and use. No one can take your achievements away from you. It’s what’s they do after that charts their next path.

Which, I think, proves my point that coaches have a ceiling as to their coaching ability. Frost killed it at UCF, Taggart at USF, Morris at SMU, etc. in the G5 then bombed in the P4. Of course I have no idea why a good coach isn't a good coach other than the talent level they're coaching and/or the timing of those promotions to the big leagues.

33 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

You are mistaken that I can't understand or imagine.  I am talking from personal experience.  Maybe you didn't mean literally me hehe...

That part was in general because at the end of the day, we need people to push. If they, you, me, any other forum members go for their dreams in the right way, they will learn. 

Also, personal experience.

Edited by CycleBull

13 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Which, I think, proves my point that coaches have a ceiling as to their coaching ability. Frost killed it at UCF, Taggart at USF, Morris at SMU, etc. in the G5 then bombed in the P4. Of course I have no idea why a good coach isn't a good coach other than the talent level they're coaching and/or the timing of those promotions to the big leagues.

How would they know till they try? My comments were mainly focusing on Ego and Big Heads, verses individuals going for something they’ve wanted. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

But you also need the actual skills for the opportunity or the ability to quickly grow into it.  

3 hours ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Or have Quinton Flowers as your qb

Or Makenzie Milton .... let's move along, nothing to see here.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

How would they know till they try? My comments were mainly focusing on Ego and Big Heads, verses individuals going for something they’ve wanted. 

Oh! I agree, they don't know. It's a crapshoot. A very lucrative crapshoot for the coach. Probably a pretty good stepping stone for some of the assistant coaches he brings with him, but in the end he simply cannot succeed at that higher level.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

nebraska should beg bo pellini to come back